advertisement

fuses for naim equipment

Rating will almost certainly be embossed into the end-cap of the old fuses. I own no Naim gear but very many pieces of gear have the fuse type etc. noted on or beside the fuse-holder. It should also be in the manual for the gear.

If all else fails ask here about specifics or find a circuit diagram.

Beware standard, slow and fast blow.

I suspect that you will struggle to buy less than something like 5, but never buy a single fuse. A fuse may blow due to aging, but if there is a fault with the kit, your first replacement will blow straight off, in which case some kind of repair will be required.

The required fuse type is printed in the manual and also on the equipment back panel by the power socket. My only observation is that the inrush current on some Naim equipment seems quite high and that some fuses seem a little more tolerant of that than others. Hence if go to RS, try Littelfuse. They are a bit boutique but we are only talking 40p per fuse...

You'll have to read the manual. They're all T rated fuses but some are better than others. They went through a silly period of finding the right fuse for the transformer that didn't blow every time they turned it on but was correctly rated for the job.

I looked carefully into this a while ago. They use Littlefuse 213 series.
So for the Supercap 2.5T it was 0121302.5MXP from RS

Hi all sorry to jump on a thread. Can’t work out how to DM..!
MJS, Are you still offering mod services? I’m just down the road from you in Great Missenden and have a Naim 72 wishing for a Goldpoint attenuators, or similar. Can you help?

you need to send a PM direct to mjs but I can answer your thread and say that witchhat are still offering their services, why not contact them direct ?

Thanks Alon...
I was only talking to Witchat last week...
How do you PM on this forum... it’s not obvious to me..!

Hi, just a little question in relation to the OP post.
Naim CB 135 amps, what is the glass fuse rating for the unit. I’m thinking it’s a T4 240v? Am I correct? Or is it a T3.15 240v like the newer amps.
Thank you in advance

advertisement

Back