advertisement

TRON 300B Monoblock Amplifiers - 22 years old.

GT

pfm Member
These Tron 300B Monoblock amplifiers came in last week for checking and a service. This is its first service and valve test in 22 years since it was built. I took the bottom cover off and this was the condition inside. It looks just like the day I built it!

L1465294.jpeg

L1465296.jpeg

L1465297.jpeg

L1465298.jpeg

Enduring quality in every way - exquisite workmanship with high quality components (love the Partridge TK7441 transformers - the creme de la creme)

The valves lasted 22 years? Is this to be expected?

It can be. I've had quite a few amplifiers I built over 20 years ago come back for servicing with original valves fitted. The valves which were all NOS were tested and all had good emission, so it went back with the original valves. Unlike other manufacturers, my designs do not run the valves within an inch of their life, so you always get good valve life. My personal 211 amplifiers still run the original valves after 20 years.

Last edited:
I've had my Tron Atlantic 300B for how many years GT? Since 2015? Using the 22 year old life of the above, when this comes back to you, I'll be 69 and you will be well into your 70's. Yikes!

Reactions: GT
I've had my Tron Atlantic 300B for how many years GT? Since 2015? Using the 22 year old life of the above, when this comes back to you, I'll be 69 and you will be well into your 70's. Yikes!

Yikes indeed. I will be 80! :eek:

I used to build a fair few industrial machine electrical panels back in the day, I fully appreciate and understand what a panel should look like

That is the work of a craftsman

These Tron 300B Monoblock amplifiers came in last week for checking and a service. This is its first service and valve test in 22 years since it was built. I took the bottom cover off and this was the condition inside. It looks just like the day I built it!

L1465294.jpeg

L1465296.jpeg

L1465297.jpeg

L1465298.jpeg
A testament to Graham's skill and committment to quality. Rarely seen these days. Embodies all the qualities of a true Artisan

Is this the underside looking up? I can’t believe how clean it all is and that might explain it!

I love what I’m looking at - real craftsmanship..can I see a link to your wares please?

l know naff all about building electronics etc- even l can tell that looks well cobbled together.:)

I wouldn’t personally recommend closely cable tying the ac feeds to the dc.

I agree with you if it was on a phono stage or a preamp, but this is a power amplifier with low gain and 2volts input sensitivity and no magnetic material anywhere in the amplifier. This amp connected to 110dB horns produces no noise what so ever at the mouth of the horn.

advertisement

Back