advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Passed by this a few times, title put me off till I read the blurb

Alienist is an archaic term for a psychiatrist or psychologist. ... Although currently not often used in common parlance, the term "alienist" is still employed in psychiatric hospitals to describe those mental health professionals who evaluate defendants to determine their competency to stand trial.

I hadn’t realised that I had seen Anya Taylor Joy previously in The Witch, the new mutants and Morgan. After queens gambit I appear to be becoming quite the fan and will be actively seeking out her previous work.

I hadn’t realised that I had seen Anya Taylor Joy previously in The Witch, the new mutants and Morgan. After queens gambit I appear to be becoming quite the fan and will be actively seeking out her previous work.
She’s in Split and Glass. Also in Peaky Blinders.

Three episodes in and I'm enjoying Queen's Gambit. It's good to see the chess gets plenty of screentime and is (semi) believable, and it's quite an intriguing study of an obsessional character.

On a different level, I finally got round to watching When They See Us and thought it was stunning. Essential viewing in the present circumstances.

15;17 To Paris, $30m budget, Clint Eastwood directs.
On so many levels it's possibly the worst film I've ever seen.

Has anyone mentioned 'Hereditary' on Netflix? I thought it had a good creepy atmosphere - reminiscent of the Shining, in the slow close ups of the model rooms - that is hard to find in modern horror films.

Guilty pleasure: 'Warrior Nun' on Netflix. A campy, slightly creepy update on the 'Buffy' theme, set in Spain. Corrupt priests? Yup. Evil apparitions? Yup. Nuns with martial arts skill? Yup.

Has anyone mentioned 'Hereditary' on Netflix? I thought it had a good creepy atmosphere - reminiscent of the Shining, in the slow close ups of the model rooms - that is hard to find in modern horror films.
Enjoyed it. Lots of references to classic 60s/70s horror but found the ending disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back