advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many NHS staff are already obliged to take the flu jab as part of the terms of their employment.
Not nurses.
They are put under a lot of pressure to have one, but it isn’t mandatory. My sister in law just refused point blank.
No action was taken.

Not nurses.
They are put under a lot of pressure to have one, but it isn’t mandatory. My sister in law just refused point blank.
No action was taken.
I’m sure you’re technically correct, but in reality the difference is a bit moot. My wife was basically told to wind her neck in and get the jab.

I’m sure you’re technically correct, but in reality the difference is a bit moot. My wife was basically told to wind her neck in and get the jab.

Is that where they inject you these days?

Vaccinating only front line staff won’t help suppressing the virus though.

Would the Government/NHS really fire health workers in the midst of a pandemic?

Stephen

"Opportunistic" suggests purchased whilst there for something else. So the idea that the move will reduce the temptation for people to leave their house unnecessarily is untrue?

Seems the Welsh FM thinks it needs a rethink.

Yep, common sense would say he's right!

Is that where they inject you these days?

Vaccinating only front line staff won’t help suppressing the virus though.
It’s probably more about not losing front line staff availability due to exposure to the virus, I suspect. That, and wanting to do whatever is possible to protect them (NHS) or wanting to be seen to do something for them (Government).

Not nurses.
No action was taken.

It's actually against the law to require someone to have any sort of medical treatment, including vaccination, against their will. (Of course the nut job conspiracy theorists claim that we will be 'forced' to have a coronavirus jab if/when one is developed). I'm not sure how things would pan out if NHS staff were required to have the jab or resign, because the jab still wouldn't be 'compulsory' as such.

It's actually against the law to require someone to have any sort of medical treatment, including vaccination, against their will. (Of course the nut job conspiracy theorists claim that we will be 'forced' to have a coronavirus jab if/when one is developed). I'm not sure how things would pan out if NHS staff were required to have the jab or resign, because the jab still wouldn't be 'compulsory' as such.
In the absence of a compulsory treatment order of course.

Anybody any good with spreadsheets?

ElKoz6rX0AETiuH

Decent money to be made (£2K per day) if you can knock something up in Excel.

And yes, this is real: https://twitter.com/FisherAndrew79/status/1320303393357914114

The post appears to be a Senior Civil Service Band One equivalent.

Note that an SCS1 gets paid £64,000-£117,800 pa = £285-£525 per day
Then the advert is inconsistent? A mistake?

Could it be a day rate for a short term contract (a salvage mission)?

I trust Andrew Fisher completely: an intelligent and decent man.

Incidentally, the entire thread is worth reading:

https://twitter.com/FisherAndrew79/status/1320300569253261312

It raises questions about how accurate the stats are about the percentage of contacts being traced. That's before you even consider the missed targets.

Then the advert is inconsistent? A mistake?

No. What it means is that a job with similar responsibilities gets paid different rates depending on whether you're o a CS or a contractor.

It also means that the recruiting department either (a) can't find a one-star civil servant that can do the job (b) doesn't think a one-star civil servant that can do the job or (c) doesn't think that the job will last long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back