advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys.Its gone through the school like wildfire. Small school, much handling and small rooms where it’s virtually impossible not to avoid contact or stay 2 metres apart. Was just a question of time but the rapidity of the spread is breathtaking.

And no union to state the obvious about the dangers?

Yes, and I think we're broadly agreeing with each other. There's a risk that we might over-emphasise Covid out of some collective hysteria. If - and it's still a big if - we can get the mortality and long term effects down to the levels we see from Flu or other serious infectious diseases like Hepatitis, then we can live with it 'in the wild' as it were. We don't need to eradicate it like Smallpox. SARS and MERS were contained and fizzled out. I still hope that Covid will settle into the category of 'serious, but manageable risk' in a year or so.

I think this is where we're heading longer term, living with it.

Thanks guys.Its gone through the school like wildfire. Small school, much handling and small rooms where it’s virtually impossible not to avoid contact or stay 2 metres apart. Was just a question of time but the rapidity of the spread is breathtaking.

Hope things are okay for you mate.

I was speaking to a teacher last Monday and frankly I was stunned at the conditions she was working under. Absolutely scary, I had no idea how bad it is but I’ve no school age children.

Just received confirmation it’s positive. Most of staff now so self isolation. Worried about my family now.
Sorry to hear about that & get well soon. There does appear to have been big difference across schools, some are better able to manage due to space etc.

My other half’s school has managed to go all half-term without a Covid case but this is quite rare.

Just received confirmation it’s positive. Most of staff now so self isolation. Worried about my family now.
Best wishes Del, look after yourself. Most people get a mild-moderate experience, like proper flu. For us the fatigue was the worst, and the 'brain fog' also. Some days will be better, some may be worse, don't try to overdo it on the better days, just go with the flow. Get rest, keep eating and take fluids. If you're like we were, booze won't be a temptation, which is probably sensible anyway. Do you have friends and neighbours who can shop for essentials for you?

I was thinking all week about what subtle difference Sturgeon would weave with her Covid ‘tiers’, I expected a slight raising of categories from 3 to 4 so she has exceeded my expectations;)

Joking aside it really does illustrate the importance of a trusted leader & a cogent Comms strategy. Scotland has probably not handled the situation any better but it seems as though it has.

From the outside, Wales response looks a little more chaotic but the opposite may be true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back