advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just something told to me. Actually looking at the rules it looks destined to help out Wetherspoons and the like, but hurt the little guy.

Ah. Yes. This will be the chain that I observed (Selsdon Branch) with "Sunak Specials"- Meal deals, I believe.

By the way, this is in a Teir Two Area.

It's so sad, we have the resources, the know how, a brilliant NHS but we don't have the leadership because leadership is even harder in the boiling frog situation we are in. I'm not even sure if national unity has ever been achieved in such a circumstance.

Well bonehead Johnson sees himself as another Churchill. However, whatever his faults..(and they were many) Churchill was able to pretty much unite Brits against the Nazis, whereas Johnson can't even unite his own party on anything other than their instinctive pursuit of filthy lucre.

Let’s hope getting rid of them becomes a priority in 2024.

I can't see Johnson being PM come the 2024 election, even in these politically miserable times there has to be a limit to how incompetent you can be before you get ousted by your own party. With the literally hundreds of thousands we're going to see dead from the virus and the piss poor handling of Brexit I don't think he'll survive the term. This is good as an awful lot of people vote for him as he's a 'lovable rogue' and no one else in the party engenders that type of vote. With him gone we stand a chance of getting them out, without that I'm not so sure! All we have to do is make sure we manage to stay alive long enough to see it!

To be fair the whole TfL nonsense is as much Khan's doing as the Tories. TfL were being run piss poorly before the pandemic and are now reaping the effects of that as well as the pandemic. I'm quite entertained by it as for once I don't really care for either 'side' in this dispute and if Londoners have to pay a bit more that is sad for those on the lowest incomes, but I'm sure the richer half of the city that are so fond of telling the north that their city drives the UK economy will help them out as they seem such a generous and caring bunch ;)

Slightly warped sense of humour here, but had to laugh at the report about the disturbances and lack of social distancing complaints at Thorpe Park's Fright Night event especially when one woman said the crowd were intimidating and it was really frightening :D

Slightly warped sense of humour here, but had to laugh at the report about the disturbances and lack of social distancing complaints at Thorpe Park's Fright Night event especially when one woman said the crowd were intimidating and it was really frightening :D
Yeah you would think considering the name of the theme night being frightened should be right up her street !

what happens when they have to go through it again and again over the coming months. Are the Tories trying to push northerners back into serfdom ?!

It’s unlikely they will push the north that far up, they may promise to if it’s just before an election.

899229d77d699b5483b5798a1c5c08ff1b2b2a63.jpeg
And they begrudge £65 million to help keep an entire region afloat during lockdown.

Unspeakable.

You do realise that makes it worse, in context, don’t you?

I suppose they’ll try to bypass Burnham and negotiate with each Manchester council one by one. Divide and rule.

What I’m saying is that there’s much more at stake than the money: warning other councils not to try to mess with Westminster; clipping the wings of lefty mayors . . .

Surely one of the Manchester clubs can cough up the missing 5 m ?. About the price of Du Bruyne s left peg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back