advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a Weatherspoon's Breakfast in the William Peveril, in Bulwell, Nottm. I remember that place when it was a cinema.. having previously been a theatre I think, then it was a Coop Supermarket. After I left Nottm I think it was a Wilkos or summat before becoming the William Peveril. So, I can't fault Wethies on the recycling front.
But, the breakfast comprised..as I recall, 1 bacon, 1 egg, toast and beans. It was artfully presented with a plastic tub of butter semi submerged in the beans.
I don't expect too much for Wethies prices.. but that breakfast was crap.
Next, I tried Wethies 'Eggs Benedict'. Bloody awful and gave me a massive case of seriously painful indigestion.

I decided to give up on Wthies food, until one morning meeting with friends.. as I do in Wethies when I visit Nottm, I decided to try Toast and Jam, followed by Yoghurt with fresh fruit. It was excellent and became my regular Wethies Brekkie.

I have however sworn never to go into Wethies again after the owner's behaviour around both Brexit and Covid.

Fry up was ok.

As for venturing in to a 'spoons I know 2 managers of different branches, and 3 or 4 other people who are friends that work in my local one. Whilst the owner might be a twat and have totally disagreeable views, his company is supporting 1000s of jobs.

My 2 friends who are managers both left other pubs because Mr spoons pays better and offers decent career development. Another person I know took all he learnt from spoons career development and an inheritance and is successfully running a lovely pub on the East Coast.

Taking a look inside a Kenwood Chef to see why it has developed a smoking habit. Oh, look! Above that slightly stressed resistor is one of those exploding yellow caps so beloved of Revox owners!

50496695273_2d718b27c3_c.jpg

I did consider taking a little wine with me (after all, six minutes is quite a while), but then I thought that anyone seeing a figure walking down the street with glass in hand would think ‘Oh look, that must be Marchbanks. Hang on, isn’t he in quarantine?’ And anyway, cape in one hand, letter for posting in another, glass in the... er... oh.

Whilst out running at about 8 this morning I encountered a delightfully toasted character aged about 60 pulling a shopping trolley doing the Hacienda dance whilst waving a tennis racket around in a jaunty manner. He looked exceedingly pleasingly off his tits. I said a slightly nervous ‘hi’ as I ran past keeping a careful eye on the tennis racket. Not your run of the mill encounter.

Last week I decided I needed a rest from all the cutting, welding and grinding I’ve been doing on my Range Rover and started where I left off last year on my GTM rebuild. I’ve just finished making the hinge brackets that hold the rear clamshell to the car. That required some cutting and welding but as it was new steel no grinding was needed. I bloody hate finish grinding welds on crap metal.

Fry up was ok.

As for venturing in to a 'spoons I know 2 managers of different branches, and 3 or 4 other people who are friends that work in my local one. Whilst the owner might be a twat and have totally disagreeable views, his company is supporting 1000s of jobs.

My 2 friends who are managers both left other pubs because Mr spoons pays better and offers decent career development. Another person I know took all he learnt from spoons career development and an inheritance and is successfully running a lovely pub on the East Coast.

Well yes. I suppose there are always two sides..

Taking a look inside a Kenwood Chef to see why it has developed a smoking habit. Oh, look! Above that slightly stressed resistor is one of those exploding yellow caps so beloved of Revox owners!

I believe I posted about a similar cap in a Kenwood Cheffette some years ago. I replaced it and all has been well ever since.

Found it: https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/posts/2902830/

Last edited:
Whilst out running at about 8 this morning I encountered a delightfully toasted character aged about 60 pulling a shopping trolley doing the Hacienda dance whilst waving a tennis racket around in a jaunty manner. He looked exceedingly pleasingly off his tits. I said a slightly nervous ‘hi’ as I ran past keeping a careful eye on the tennis racket. Not your run of the mill encounter.
I have to say I don’t remember it - but there was a shopping trolley in front of me when I woke up in the bath just now... and I don’t recall a tennis racket hanging from the kitchen tools rack before.

In Margate, I am sure i saw a small bearded man clinging to a shopping trolley in the sea as the tide came in. Looks like his cape is weighing him down

Nice tacos in bar/restaurant.

Went to gym again this morning. Plenty of safety around - good distancing and also plenty of cleaning happening. Did Les Mills RPM 68, and then a pump class. I was right 'blowing out of my arse' at the end LOL.:D

Third seafood day in a row. Cockles Friday, mussels Saturday, and prawns today.

I had cockles fried with bacon yesterday, along with spinach, leeks and toast.

Experimenting with a small stool in the lavatory to aid large stools o_O (it seems to work)

Something else, but I forgot.

edit: I have purchased a new 2 slice toaster. I hate the current one, the slots aren’t big enough.

Having had 2 new soakaways dug, 10 tons of concrete removed, new electrics installed in the garage and a mountain of top soil dropped off by two tipper lorries, our garden landscaping project has stalled because covid supply chain problems mean our fencing contractor can't get the concrete posts for the new 6' 50m boundary fence.

Last of the spare bedrooms ripped out (wallpaper, woodwork, window sill, carpet, underlay, some damaged floorboards etc). All non-recycling stuff (ie all of it) taken to the tip in my very clean BMW touring (so it now needs to be hoovered & washed, again) o_O

My cousin (sparky) should be in this week to move some light switches and sockets for us; then the plasterer, joiner and then decorator will be landing in that order over the next week or so :)

It's only taken us nearly 8 years to get to do this room :D

Bars now open mask off hands washed jukebox on , the 4 seasons Beggin to begin with followed by 7 days too long chuck woods.

I’m under the floorboards today. The downstairs ring main whilst electrically safe is a bit of a mishmash and I decided that today’s the day to make a start getting it brought up to spec.

Been staying somewhere with a higher than normal toilet seat. Definitely seems to have a negative effect.

This is the opposite. Feet on low stool whilst sat as per normal. Has the effect of positioning the body such as to be crouching. Akin to sheeting in the woods old stylee ;)
The results are notable.
I think I read something about this ages ago..

(there you go, all set up for someone to knock over.)

...and then I got a bit carried away and decided to go for the full strip down and service. Now waiting for the components and new gearbox grease to arrive... I think I see how to split the gearbox casing - but I need two adjustable spanners and a good deal of courage to get the top gear wheel off first. I think I might pay a visit to my retired motor engineer friend in the next village - just to see how he is, you understand.

50502647152_7fa9ce5a1a_c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back