advertisement

Getting live streamed concerts to my hifi ?

Andrewxyz

pfm Member
I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to stuff like this. I've got a good turntable, CD player & tuner to provide music which has always been enough.

However I'm not going to live concerts at the moment & my seat at the RLPO is getting cold. They are doing live streamed concerts, but the only way I can listen to these is via the speakers on an ageing Imac, or earphones.

How can I relay the feed to my amp ?

Thanks. You mean I don't need some arcane box ? Ordered a 5M cable. It will have to stretch across the room when in use. Hopefully I won't break my neck by tripping over it.

The solution above will certainly work, but for sound similar to your tuner, turntable, and CD player you would do better with an arcane box, aka DAC. If you're curious about this route, just say so, and you'll get lots of help.

I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to stuff like this. I've got a good turntable, CD player & tuner to provide music which has always been enough.

However I'm not going to live concerts at the moment & my seat at the RLPO is getting cold. They are doing live streamed concerts, but the only way I can listen to these is via the speakers on an ageing Imac, or earphones.

How can I relay the feed to my amp ?

Are these the streams from You Tube ?

If so, you should be able to cast or Airplay from your iMac (which OS) or other device, to a suitable receiver plugged into your amplifier

ronnie

advertisement

Back