advertisement

New cartridge recommendation for Xerxes

Damas

pfm Member
Currently have a very old and knackered DV20x on my original Xerxes (no sag & new blobs), Tabriz ZI into a Whest Two phonostage. Player is being used occasionally, trade in on the DV is attractive but cant justify the cost just now. Looking for a MC cartridge <£300. Reading mixed reviews on the DL103r, what else should I look at?

Sell the DV20x on here for £89. Trade in it's worth £150 to the buyer. Add your £300, reckon a good shout would be a Hana EL - £389

Lots of reviews online, I bought one to try and it's very even handed, not as big a bargain as when it came out around £250 five years back, but still looks value for money for the performance.

Sell the DV20x on here for £89. Trade in it's worth £150 to the buyer. Add your £300, reckon a good shout would be a Hana EL - £389

Sensible, assuming the Tabriz arm is wholly compatible. Also, there'd be a tonal change with the Hana as opposed to AT, etc. Minor point, though.

Thanks for the replies. Like the AT-OC9 and have ordered one, may sell the DV or keep for a future trade in. Hanas look very interesting, never heard of them.

advertisement

Back