advertisement

Buchardt A500 speakers - Game changer?

FL390

pfm Member
I've started this thread as a spin off from the Buchardt S400 thread, as they're completely different speakers.
One is active, the other one passive, different driver arrangements, different driver materials, the active being wireless and having DSP + room correction etc.

Everyone who's heard them so far, appears to be very impressed.
The 45 day no quibble trial is very tempting.

The White cabinet option, as shown in the video, has now sold out.
I suspect there's a big demand for these speakers.

FL390

They are certainly very interesting, I would like to test drive them or the larger A700 . One thing I would find hard to come to terms with though is all sources have to be digitised.

Quite enjoyed that Darko video, he’s certainly very enthusiastic about these speakers.

Anyone here have them?

.sjb

I heard Buchardt speakers at the Cranage show and they were definitely one of the best I heard.

Devices like this are the HiFi systems of the future. For most people today, "HiFi" is a smart speaker of some sort (Google, Sonos, Amazon, whatever) so moving to a higher performing version of the same thing is a lot more likely than investing in passive speakers and a growing pile of black boxes to sit in the corner of the room.

I'd like deep bass that are ESL-like in quality.
No coned drivers can do that.
My big Cabasse speakers give me that sort of quality (no port) but they don't go very deep in spite of the 15-inch woofers and the sheer dimensions.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back