advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish him well. He is one of the best managers that Brighton have ever had. He took over a team near the bottom of the Championship and turned them into one of the best teams, narrowly missing out on promotion a couple of times; the last on goal difference due to a goal being conceded in the last five minutes. Injuries struck in the play offs so we lost to Sheffield Wednesday.

He then secured promotion with several games to play. We should have won the Championship but half the team were already on the beach. We played some excellent attacking football that season.

He kept us up for two seasons, but the football was gradually getting worse. We virtually played a back 8 against Huddersfield! We scraped through that year.

That lead to him being sacked and Potter being installed.

Hughton will probably be a success at Forest he knows how to get teams promoted. He deserves another crack at the premier league. I just hope he has learnt his lesson and plays more attacking football if and when they get there.

Giroud and Rudiger have decided to stay at Chelsea and fight to be in the team.

I like Giroud and his can-do attitude. Rudiger is only 27 and that's far too young to throw in the not-good-enough towel. He should only be picked if he's on top of his game though.

Chelsea conceeded more goals than any other Premier League team last season. There's no room for duffers.

Jack

Some may have seen this already. I thought it was funny as I preferred it when there was some tension and rivalry in the tunnel....

Strasbourg are in the top league and you can get real world tickets for 10 euros on some matches, some seats. 15 quid to watch premier league on your telly......hahahahahahahahaha!!!
Probably not for much longer, rich. Besides, isn’t it a bit like the Scotch league?

Oops...

Strasbourg are in the top league and you can get real world tickets for 10 euros on some matches, some seats. 15 quid to watch premier league on your telly......hahahahahahahahaha!!!
You're only saying that because you've got a bit of French totty in tow.;)
Ligue 1 is a farmers league - I'd need to be paid to go and watch.:p

I might be wrong but I'd have thought that if you're a fan who normally goes to most matches this represents a decent compromise?
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...uce-pay-per-view-fixtures-on-sky-and-bt-sport

Not really when compared with the NowTV pass which gives 24hrs access to Sky Sports channels for £10. (My football budget goes on season tickets, not TV subscription).

Ok it is a lot cheaper than going to the game, season ticket c. £35 per game, £15 to park, BEER (if it's not my turn to drive), Pies etc.

It's not the same though. Since lockdown I have missed games against Liverpool, Newcastle, Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd (twice).

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back