advertisement

Olympus quits on cameras

I wonder if they will honour that price?

They have honoured the price, I am just awaiting delivery of my order to see if it is actually the kit as advertised. Looking forward to having a camera with a viewfinder again.

They have honoured the price, I am just awaiting delivery of my order to see if it is actually the kit as advertised. Looking forward to having a camera with a viewfinder again.
Looks like the prices have gone back up, the RRP of that 14-150 lens is £499, so appears it was a helluva bargain.

Be interested to hear your opinion on the camera. Any plans to get an extra lens/lenses?

No plans at present. As I understand it the 14-150mm lens is regarded as a better than average 'do it all', so I will stick with just the one lens and see how I get on, at least for a while. Going forward, maybe see from pictures I take where my preference lies in case I decide to buy a prime at some point.

No plans at present. As I understand it the 14-150mm lens is regarded as a better than average 'do it all', so I will stick with just the one lens and see how I get on, at least for a while. Going forward, maybe see from pictures I take where my preference lies in case I decide to buy a prime at some point.

I've got an 18-200 on my old Sony Alpha, just enough to make me not bother with anything else.

For very close work the phone is getting good. A lot changes in 15 years.

I was looking at their Pancake lenses - thinking it would make for a super portable travel camera - once I get out and about again

Day late but as we're up North and it shipped from Germany can't complain, especially at the price.

Long time since I've owned an Olympus camera, an OM10 got me started 40 years ago. Here just in time for the weekend lockdown :)

Snap. I'm just waiting on a screen protector before taking mine out and about, I've learnt from past experience I am likely to get an annoying scuff on it without one.

I owned an E-M5 and later an E-M5 mk2.
Nice little cameras, especially the latter with its large EVF, but power-hungry.
I used to carry along 3 extra batteries and replacing them with the optional hand grip was a pain (I had to unscrew the grip in order to access the battery compartment).

24585146624_6cd5505297_c.jpg

Up until recently the original OMD E-M5 was my favourite carry about - all the buttons in the right place and a pleasure to use.
Also like the side door for the SD card instead of next to the battery at the bottom (a right PITA)

A couple of weeks ago one of the thumb dials literally fell off! (the rear one).- looked to be held on by nothing but a tiny plastic axle which had sheared.
Fortunately I rarely use it so I glued it back on with a two parter just to cover the contacts underneath. It worked and I can turn it if required.

Shook my confidence in their build quality though.

No plans at present.

Stupid ebay 20% discount code, ruining my "no plans" to get any other lens plans. Have been thoroughly enjoying the 14-150mm lens on our countryside walks but have just taken delivery of a 45mm/f1.8 to use for when in town/built up areas, and with a couple of extension tubes to have a go at macro too.

advertisement

Back