advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pressure's mounting on Frank Lampard. ;)
Chelsea were rubbish after they'd gone 1-0 up - I'm absolutely baffled why they didn't push on against a much weakened Spurs side.
In the end the best team over the 90 minutes went through.

risk of other members of the squad becoming infected maybe?

First thing that crossed my mind. If it’s not too late, I hope they figure out when and where he contracted it, and can take steps to limit the spread.

Chelsea were rubbish after they'd gone 1-0 up - I'm absolutely baffled why they didn't push on against a much weakened Spurs side.
In the end the best team over the 90 minutes went through.
Emerson awol for the Spurs goal. In a way it was worse than Alonso losing his marker for the third at WBA. Alonso lost his man who ran behind him, Emerson was watching the ball come in from the opposite side of the pitch but he just didn’t move his big fat arse until it was too late

Chelsea have put up an initial £40 million to tempt Declan Rice away from West Ham. They certainly need some help in defence. https://metro

Rice initially came from the Blues' Academy and is mates with Mason Mount, so he would fit in easily.

We've had a few playes from West Ham in the past inluding Frank Lampard, John Terry and Joe Cole.

Jack

Emerson awol for the Spurs goal. In a way it was worse than Alonso losing his marker for the third at WBA. Alonso lost his man who ran behind him, Emerson was watching the ball come in from the opposite side of the pitch but he just didn’t move his big fat arse until it was too late

Glad I didn't watch the match.

Jack

Emerson knows he's leaving and looks disinterested (not too disinterested to take his salary every week though) - when he stepped up for his pen I would've put money on him blasting it high and wide but to be fair he buried it.
Far more concerning too me was the way we just sat back and allowed Spurs back into the game and that can only come from Frank/Jody - if we'd pushed on and got the 2nd goal it would have been game over and José wouldn't have bothered with reinforcements from the bench.
All that said the Rumbelows Cup is for small clubs up north who are not capable of winning the big ones that matter.;)

Emerson knows he's leaving and looks disinterested (not too disinterested to take his salary every week though) - when he stepped up for his pen I would've put money on him blasting it high and wide but to be fair he buried it.
Far more concerning too me was the way we just sat back and allowed Spurs back into the game and that can only come from Frank/Jody - if we'd pushed on and got the 2nd goal it would have been game over and José wouldn't have bothered with reinforcements from the bench.
All that said the Rumbelows Cup is for small clubs up north who are not capable of winning the big ones that matter.;)
Yes, agree, but I feel it takes confidence to play the high line well and our confidence with that type of game is low at the moment. It will come, but it’ll take time.

Yet still the most successful team of the decade (and the one before) despite @oldius trying to re-write history.:p

It’s weird that I can’t really remember your title wins under anyone but Jose. The title under Conte just seemed like a blip rather than a sign of sustained success. Think you’ve had your time as winners of major honours TBH. Liverpool look set for the next 2 seasons while we rebuild an ageing team.

I don't think West Ham will sell Rice this late on in the window yet I read that they're interested in taking Rudiger or maybe Loftus-Cheek on loan - I wouldn't loan them the tea lady.o_O
Be just like our owners to accept that low £40m bid for Rice too.
Alan Irvine said post match on Sunday that he expects Dec to stay with us in this window.
I hope he is right of course but if he do move, good luck to him....He's a gem.

Btw no tears for Frank Lampard here, bloke lacks class and humility unlike his father.
Early days but he is starting to look out of his depth already.

Be just like our owners to accept that low £40m bid for Rice too.
Alan Irvine said post match on Sunday that he expects Dec to stay with us in this window.
I hope he is right of course but if he do move, good luck to him....He's a gem.

Btw no tears for Frank Lampard here, bloke lacks class and humility unlike his father.
Early days but he is starting to look out of his depth already.
What I think of Fat Frank would get me banned for posting.
Still believe Rice will go this window unfortunately

t’s weird that I can’t really remember your title wins under anyone but Jose. The title under Conte just seemed like a blip rather than a sign of sustained success
The one under Ancelotti was pretty impressive and included the FA Cup as well - Carlo was and still is a class act who the club treated very badly when he was dismissed.
Conte played a system that the rest of the PL didn't seem to be able to work out and by the time they did it was too late.
Liverpool look set to dominate but things can move very quickly in football as we know only too well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back