advertisement

Trump Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump has started a push to re-write USA history taught to children so "American children grow up to love America".
The Arts are also to be directed so that patriotic films are made and Hollywood becomes an arm of Govt propaganda. Last you will see of subversive stuff like The Handmaid's Tale.
A full fascist dictatorship is the goal. This is Germany in the 1930s yet Israel/Jews fully support Trump because they are not in the firing line this time.
If you said "some" I would be with you. But your post could easily be accused of being anti Semitic*.
*Just saying, as I hate the hijacking of the definition to exclude Palestinians as Semitic, who are at least as Semitic as Jews.

If you said "some" I would be with you. But your post could easily be accused of being anti Semitic*.
*Just saying, as I hate the hijacking of the definition to exclude Palestinians as Semitic, who are at least as Semitic as Jews.

I haven't heard any Jews criticise Trump, but I guess there must be some who are just not heard after he moved the US Embassy to Jerusalem.

You make good points, but was the blatantly racist aspect that sickened me. A white supremacist President using every dirty trick in the book to try and separate and intimidate black communities from their vote. Add to this all the physical vote rigging, inadequate machines and blatant corruption in voting machine supplier contracts exposed by Greg Palast and others and a strong picture emerges.

PS I do wish Facebook would be a whole lot more open and less evasive, I wish they would actually take a moral stand, but I do have some sympathy for their position given the parties who so abused data loopholes with fraudulent data collection and clear AUP breaches and then covertly used that data for such vile propaganda purposes now exist right at the very heart of western governments (CA, Dominic Cummings, Steve Bannon etc). As a global platform would you really show your cards to these far-right nationalists?
Fair enough, I wondered if that was what bothered you the most. Like you say, blatant racism from a bunch of white supremacist ghouls. The suppression of the ethnic minority vote has been going on for a while but I expect it's accelerated under Trump.

As for Facebook, here's an example of the issue:

https://popular.info/p/facebook-pledged-to-remove-misinformation

Adding a warning flag is better than nothing, but I think there's a strong case for deleting blatantly misleading posts that explicitly seek to undermine the democratic process.

Adding a warning flag is better than nothing, but I think there's a strong case for deleting blatantly misleading posts that explicitly seek to undermine the democratic process.

FWIW I’d ban Trump entirely. No way in hell would he be allowed to post here! I always end up defending Facebook, which doesn’t come easy to me. I really don’t want to as there is huge amounts of their behaviour and lack of transparency is really appalling, I just value entities that exist above the reach of the sweeping wave of right-wing nationalism, extremism and corruption that is grasping so much power across the world at present. Basically I have absolutely zero trust in national regulation, the proposed Ofcom appointments (Darce, Moore) making that point far better than I ever could.

Fair enough, I wondered if that was what bothered you the most. Like you say, blatant racism from a bunch of white supremacist ghouls. The suppression of the ethnic minority vote has been going on for a while but I expect it's accelerated under Trump.

Although I think the GOP suppresses black vote because they tend to vote Democrat not because of racism specifically. If black voters were reliably Republican I am sure all this voter suppression would stop pretty quick.

Although I think the GOP suppresses black vote because they tend to vote Democrat not because of racism specifically. If black voters were reliably Republican I am sure all this voter suppression would stop pretty quick.

Although now they also vote Democrat because Trump is a racist.

Trump has started a push to re-write USA history taught to children so "American children grow up to love America".
The Arts are also to be directed so that patriotic films are made and Hollywood becomes an arm of Govt propaganda. Last you will see of subversive stuff like The Handmaid's Tale.
A full fascist dictatorship is the goal. This is Germany in the 1930s yet Israel/Jews fully support Trump because they are not in the firing line this time.

AFAIA most American Jews are fairly liberal, 70% voted for Obama, the Republican link to Israel comes from the 25 million Christian fundamentalists who believe in the rapture and that particular bit of sky magic involves Israel being involved somehow, as Christian fundamnetalists tend to be republican, no prospective republican candidate can really afford to be critical of Israel, a fact used to great effect by Netanyahu who seems to be able to dictate US ME policy ATM.

Would that be a re-writing of the Hollywood re-write? Which aims to get the world's children to love America. And succeeds far too often.

Last edited:
AFAIA most American Jews are fairly liberal, 70% voted for Obama, the Republican link to Israel comes from the 25 million Christian fundamentalists who believe in the rapture and that particular bit of sky magic involves Israel being involved somehow, as Christian fundamnetalists tend to be republican, no prospective republican candidate can really afford to be critical of Israel, a fact used to great effect by Netanyahu who seems to be able to dictate US ME policy ATM.

Strange bedfellows indeed.

^ Excellent article. And it will probably get much worse.
I visited Lebanon at the end of the civil war. And Sri Lanka not long after the end of theirs. What else can you do but hope you live through it ? To some extent numbness is a survival mechanism.

An excellent argument and touches on things I’ve felt ever since homelessness in Manchester reached the point you simply can’t look away as it is visible in every direction. After time you just accept it, an act I thought incomprehensible, yet I do nothing. I walk past. Same thing with fascists (Yaxley Lennon, Britain First, UKIP etc etc) openly parading on the streets. Incomprehensible to me as someone born under 20 years from the Nazi death camps who grew up with Rock Against Racism, the Anti-Apartheid movement etc, yet the constant daily dull thud of ignorance and bigotry means you just try to justify it as “well, a lot of people have always been thick shitheads” or whatever. I boot it off this site, but that is hardly heroism. Sadly the article is almost certainly correct. Sure, America is in a worse place, but with Cummings, Johnson, Brexit, covid 19 etc we really are only a short timeframe behind. It will be interesting to see if there is any attempt at correcting America’s trajectory in November, if not I fear we are in for a very dark time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back