advertisement

Help Finishing Phono Stage

Natara

pfm Member
Not sure if this is the correct forum but I need help finishing my phono stage off. It's built and in working order but needs a case and I'd also like battery psu built too maybe a couple of PP3 rechargeable batteries it's currently powered by two 12volt lead batteries the type used on mopeds and scooters which are a bit of a pain to keep charging and are quite big.
Ideally I'd like to be able to have two batteries charged all the time so that I don't have to wait whilst batteries are charging.

Are you sure the current draw is not too much for a rechargeable PP3 ?
They can supply very little in real terms

I was thinking two which would give you enough I’ve seen other owners of this phono amp power it with two PP3’s but am think I may just buy two more 12v lead batteries so that I have two charged all the time.

Natara, go to page 23 here in diy and read about the rechargeable battery powered moving coil headamp posted by Disarmament. It’s certainly interesting and may be of some help.

Not sure if this is the correct forum but I need help finishing my phono stage off. It's built and in working order but needs a case and I'd also like battery psu built too maybe a couple of PP3 rechargeable batteries it's currently powered by two 12volt lead batteries the type used on mopeds and scooters which are a bit of a pain to keep charging and are quite big.
Ideally I'd like to be able to have two batteries charged all the time so that I don't have to wait whilst batteries are charging.
A few months ago, I built one battery-powered phono . Here is a description of it - https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/germanium-phono-with-battery-supply.239992/ . I use an automatic device to charge the batteries . It is connected via a connector .

advertisement

Back