advertisement

Lockdowns

Before long the air will buzzing with nano drone pollinators.

Maybe the blurbfly will become reality soon......

• Based on data from 191,779 American patients, people with a vitamin D level of at least 55 ng/mL (138 nmol/L) had a 47% lower SARS-CoV-2 positivity rate compared to those with a level below 20 ng/mL (50 nmol/L)
  • Based on data from 7,807 Israelis, those with a vitamin D level above 30 ng/mL (75 nmol/L) had a 58% to 59% lower risk of testing positive for SARS-CoV-2 compared to those with a vitamin D level below 29 ng/mL (74 nmol/L)
  • Having a vitamin D level below 30 ng/mL also approximately doubles your risk of being hospitalized with COVID-19, Israeli researchers found
  • Spanish researchers found giving hospitalized COVID-19 patients supplemental calcifediol (a vitamin D3 analog) in addition to standard of care lowered ICU admissions from 50% to 2% and eliminated deaths
  • An August 2020 study found patients who had a vitamin D level below 12 ng/mL (30 nmol/L) had a 6.12 times higher risk of severe disease requiring invasive mechanical ventilation, and a 14.7 times higher risk of death compared to those with a vitamin D level above 12 ng/mL
I mentioned this back in March and was shot down in flames, now there is far more evidence to support it.

For god's sake sake don't include the Dr Mercola link.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/...1HL&cid=20200928Z2&mid=DM667089&rid=974544210

Well @Mullardman quoted from The Sun. so I assume all options are now open.

Don't forget your Vit K2 to prevent arterial calcification though :eek:

Yes, it’s quite chilling- that US voters knowing Trump’s true financial state and the effort put into concealing it, might re-elect him. People want to believe and even when you remove the foundation for their beliefs, they keep on believing.
Let me know when you’re ready to discuss your vit D data and perhaps in the meantime you can supply us with the peer reviewed publication references for efficacy of vit D supplementation before we begin.

Blurbfly, there’s a term I not read in a long time…

I was thinking less Nymphomation and more Philip K. Dick’s Commercial Fly: Amazon is working on it, first stage is to get the nice affluent middle classes used to giving corporates unfettered access to the insides of your homes.

ring-drone-camera-inbody.jpg

people can be pushed a lot more before breaking than a drone — humans are cheaper too.

Have heard a two week lock down is coming to Scotland during the school october mid term holiday. If true announcement to be made this Thursday in the Scottish parliament. Have heard the same hint of a two week lock down in England by a Tory MP on Sky news so maybe some truth in this.

Let me know when you’re ready to discuss your vit D data and perhaps in the meantime you can supply us with the peer reviewed publication references for efficacy of vit D supplementation before we begin.

I'll send you the number of my mothers GP and you can ask him why he prescribes vit D.when mother does not have rickets.

The UK Govt. has handled Covid so badly I would not be surprised if there is mass refusal of lockdowns in future. Particularly from those under 40.

The UK Govt. has handled Covid so badly I would not be surprised if there is mass refusal of lockdowns in future. Particularly from those under 40.

There already is: there have been two big large scale rallies in the centre of London these past two weeks one attracting 31,000 the other “I do not consent” rally moved to Hyde Park was as big: It attracts an interesting cross section of people bringing their own unique rugged individualism to the party: anti-vaxxers, lizard men believers, Q-anon, contrail-watchers, pizzagate & sandy-hook types — people obsessed with UFO abduction, Whatever it is with Bill Gates, SWERFS & gender criticals, anti-abortionists standing alongside ‘my body my choice’ anti-maskers, BUF fascist flags can be seen alongside images of angry white men wrapped in Union Jack flags holding placards of Matt Hancock as Hitler. The U.K. is basically driving into a full scale idiocracy as it self-harms itself into oblivion to a weird-as-heck soundtrack of Van Morrison and Right Said Fred.

Truly a gift for me.

PROTEST-2685933.jpg

I’m expecting a reasonable enough proportion of these people just get it over with, infect each other and eventually feed some worms. The problem is they infect others not there so I’m watching from the peanut gallery.

There already is: there have been two big large scale rallies in the centre of London these past two weeks one attracting 31,000 the other “I do not consent” rally moved to Hyde Park was as big: It attracts an interesting cross section of anti-vaxxers, lizard men believers, Q-anon, contrail-watchers, pizzagate & sandy-hook types — people obsessed with UFO abduction, SWERFS & gender criticals, anti-abortionists standing alongside ‘my body my choice’ anti-maskers, BUF fascist flags can be seen alongside images of angry white men wrapped in Union Jack flags holding placards of Matt Hancock as Hitler. The U.K. is basically driving into a full scale idiocracy as it self-harms itself into oblivion.

PROTEST-2685933.jpg

I’m expecting a reasonable enough proportion of these people just get it over with, infect each other and eventually feed some worms. The problem is they infect others so I’m watching from the peanut gallery.
I’m actually less concerned by that sight than seeing a queue of ‘influential’ Tory backbenchers getting up in Parliament and consecutively attacking their own government’s public health restrictions and the evidence given by medical experts in support of it. Shortly I believe we will see a break down in cabinet collective responsibility with Gove and the other fundamentalists pulling the chair out from under Johnson.

The Tories are never happier then when they are eating their own leader — alive.

PS I didn’t have Jedward vs Right Said Fred on my Apocalypse 2020 bingo card.

Well, yes. Theoretically, I guess Oxford and Cambridge could manage without any government funding, but precious few others, so senior management need to not tread on too many toes, and pay attention to the broad hints coming from government about, for example, the balance between STEM and humanities.

The real danger point comes when government dictates what can and what can't be taught; Trump has said that the US needs to switch to 'patriotic education', and we're probably only a few years away from similar sentiments being expressed here.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...tewashing-us-history-with-patriotic-education

'Speaking at a conference in Washington DC on Thursday, the president announced a new national commission to promote “patriotic education” and counter the “decades of leftwing indoctrination” to which he claims US schoolchildren have been subjected. “Our youth will be taught to love America,” he said.'
British universities are, officially, obliged to platform right wing speakers, Tory MPs are prone to writing to VCs to demand they monitor how Brexit is taught, students and staff are spied on for signs of “radicalisation”, while being relentlessly misrepresented as intolerant by politicians and press. And that’s just universities. In schools it is now against forbidden to use “anti-capitalist” teaching materials.

I think on one the new restrictions without Parliament scrutiny are worrying but on the other if they are science led (whatever that means) then swift action is necessary.

The vit D theory has been doing the rounds for a while & the evidence is growing. I already take a Vit D supplement as I have a slight bone density issue. If people are staying indoors then taking a supplement cannot really do any harm.

I think on one the new restrictions without Parliament scrutiny are worrying but on the other if they are science led (whatever that means) then swift action is necessary.

The vit D theory has been doing the rounds for a while & the evidence is growing. I already take a Vit D supplement as I have a slight bone density issue. If people are staying indoors then taking a supplement cannot really do any harm.

Doesn't Vit D supplement need actual sunshine to 'activate' it ?

You can use UV to do it (as well as produce a far more accessible form of self-produced Vit D). Stupid levels of supplements can lead to hypercalcaemia

hXxv6u8lWtkkzZU_2VfKkOCxIlyGPUtE1n12CcIjhRE.jpg

JFC: because the the “left” in the U.K. are a bunch of centrist patsies & are as wedded to capitalist doctrine as the right. The media isn’t widely covering opposition because... oh yeah... look whose holding the leash.

Can't be bothered looking for it, but I read somewhere some time ago that a significant proportion of 'Northern' people world wide are deficient in Vit D. Add in that sensible precautions against the ageing and possibly more dangerous effects of exposure to sunlight have reached hysteria proportions in some people, such that they actively hide from the Sun, and you have the potential for serious deficiency.

I'm not taking Vit D supplements yet, because I'm still getting out into the Sun at every available opportunity and, AIUI, all other things being equal, you produce your own Vit D by just adding Sunlight. I was out there in minimal attire for several hours on Sunday last. Cutting the grass, generally pottering, and being actively passive :) on a lounger. I just stepped outside for 10 minutes before to water the tomatoes and beans. The Sun is still warm. Assuming the cloud stays away I'll have an hour or so outside later. OK.. I'm a bit obsessive and like an all over tan. Nothing worse that a 'Farmer's Tan' IMHO, but again AIUI ...10 minutes or so per day, of partial exposure to sunlight..is enough to maintain Vit D levels in a healthy individual.

In 'normal' times, I'd start having a few minutes per week at the local tanning place..just to keep things ticking over.. not to emulate Trump.. but I suspect that's out for now. So.. I have Vit D supplement in reserve.

Trump sprays to cover up a medical condition. Take care, Light-based salons for tanning are not good for the skin* when overused & are not to be confused with light therapies for Vit D. Excess can lead to issues, see earlier.

*unless you like that old leathery belt look.

advertisement

Back