advertisement

Flat Response

Does anybody still have scans of TFR available please? Someone did kindly provide them for me a few years ago but they must be on an old device as I can no longer find them. Will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

It was a useful publication.... if you did the exact opposite of anything they said you knew you were on the right lines... and being a smaller format than a standard mag the pages were ideal as toilet paper!

Back in my dealership lackey days, if we ran out of both bum foil and the local newspaper, it was down to International Audio Review, mostly because The Absolute Sound and Stereophile were too shiny to be effective.

IAR also flushed better.

I’d be interested in any scans of Private Eye Fi
Would a copy of 'The Hi-Fi Fiend' do?

4e915e4c4ac651f2d0fdc095b5cfb857.jpg

"Ok Ok I'll tell you anything you want to know if you'll just turn those Kans off!"
I don't know where that came from, but it appears to have been cropped from an original that included the spare hostages illustrated below; two more of which and they could have formed a volleyball team...

tumblr_nblbiv9FMl1sb2ue8o1_1280.png

I've really enjoyed looking back through these.

TFR reminded me of the NME in many ways, pretentious, controversial but always fun to read.

There's a hilariously inaccurate take on how digital audio is created in one of the early issues—but as I read the same guff on hi-fi and audio forums each day, the misunderstanding persists.

Funny really, as they do mention Nyqvist in an earlier edition.

It's probably why I have a Linn/Naim system now. I managed to achieve my teenage dream, finally.

Stephen

advertisement

Back