advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Devil All The Time.
Reminds me a bit of John Huston's Wise Blood
Crazy preachers violence and religion in a Godless land.

Tom Hollander was excellent and I enjoyed trying to recognise the streets and squares in Venice.
Must admit it made me squirm once or twice in his relationship with his kids.
Interestingly my wife of 48 years fully sympathised with him.
Thought his son was a spoilt brat and his wife a self indulgent idiot!

Last edited:
Utopia remake on Amazon Prime . The original was fantastic and way out there. Just into episode 1 of the remake if its half as good as the original it will be blinding.

Just finished LA92 on Netflix. A documentary about Rodney King, the trial of the cops, and the ensuing riots using only contemporary newsreel footage. Very much worth watching, shocking.

Just finished watching 'The Last Dance' on Netflix, what a coach, what a team and what a player... really enjoyed it.

Tom Hollander was excellent and I enjoyed trying to recognise the streets and squares in Venice.
Must admit it made me squirm once or twice in his relationship with his kids.
Interestingly my wife of 48 years fully sympathised with him.
Thought his son was a spoilt brat and his wife a self indulgent idiot!

We watched the first two episodes last night and felt exactly the same. I have a good friend who has a very similar relationship with his daughter, I find it quite upsetting when he tells me how it makes him feel.

Cheers BB

The original 2 seasons of Utopia are on Amazon prime at the moment. Truly brilliant dark comedy about a group of young people who stumble upon a giant conspiracy contained in a graphic novel. Its shocking , very funny , brilliantly acted and with fantastic cinematography. Awesome original soundtrack to boot. There is an American remake also on Amazon but the UK one is better.

Couple of clips below

Just finished 'Better Call Saul' last night and really enjoyed it.
Any suggestions for a series in a similar vein?

Really enjoyed BB and BCS, not exactly the same lines but shows I enjoyed as much, how about having a look at Ozark, Bosch and Justified.

Really enjoyed Bosch. Another good older show I recently finished watching was Justified based on Elmore Leonard stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back