advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abu Dhabi ripped a new one in their own backyard with a defence that must have cost close to 250 mill - embarrassing.
Bob will be here in a moment to explain where it all went wrong.;)

a win tomorrow night would certainly help but Arsenal with Arteta seem to have an effective game plan against us

you'd have good odds on that result in all honesty, crazy season and VAR hardly needed for the pens I thought, the GK might well have thwarted the attack so why grab?

Shoddy, I’m gutted that we keep making the same mistakes over and over. Sometimes it’s like Pep hasn’t learnt anything. Liverpool and Leicester and even Wolves know the magic formula. We’re short on forwards, we’re weak at the back. Every time we’re on the back foot. Well done Leicester for exploiting us.

Pep has spent £400M on defenders and GK's by my reckoning - poor by anyone's reckoning but I suspect another £100M might be splashed before this transfer window closes?

Pep has spent £400M on defenders and GK's by my reckoning - poor by anyone's reckoning but I suspect another £100M might be splashed before this transfer window closes?

And has won the treble and record points and goals.
We were and are too easy to beat with a pacy counter-attack but we are also missing 7 first-team players. Hopefully, it will be rectified very soon and you will lose to Arsenal.

Do any of them know how to defend properly?

What frustrates me is I’m yelling the same at them as I am my 11 year team. Position, don’t let them get goal side. We’re caught sideways and behind too often. I think if we defended a few yards deeper, maybe 20, we’d do a lot better. Ake is a great positive, but Walker is just rash at the moment. I’m sure Cancello is due for a run at right back. Garcia did ok until the penalty, I’ll forgive him, he’s a kid. Mendy has had a torrid time with injury, but he should know better, I presume he was resting Fernandinho, that was the end really. Rodri needs to do more. Way to go for us if we’re going to win the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back