advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only assume that you don’t know what a rugby tackle is. It’s defined as “An act of seizing and attempting to stop an opposing player in possession of the ball by bringing them to the ground.” In rugby though it’s an offence to tackle an opponent around the neck.
On a rugby field, Mane would not have been near to falling to the floor. I can only assume that your technical definition has blinded you to the spirit of the game.

Lampard sitting down and looking pissed off - but he's the picking Kepa to start.

Christensen rugby tackle, Kepa kick out, Jorginho penalty - a hat-trick of cock ups. This team isn't ready for a title charge this season - a lot of maturing needed. Liverpool never needed top gear to put that game away. Looking ominous... Damn!

I never realised that the spirit of the game meant bringing an opponent down by jumping on his back. YMMV.
'Jumping on his back'? - I am guessing you've had a few. It was a deserved red featuring rank stupidity from the defender, a coming together and the usual Mane drop.

At those odds, Klopp should put a weeks salary on CFC and buy another player to bolster the squad

It was 666/1 because Christensen is sometimes the spawn of Satan when he plays for Chelsea.

It's good to see they celebrated their loss by missing a penalty.

Frank Lampard has been interviewed and said Chelsea need some time before it will all click.

Fair enough.

jack

'Jumping on his back'? - I am guessing you've had a few or you are a Liverpool fan suffering from the usual delusions.

Neither in fact. I am guessing that a trip to SpecSavers might help your inability to see what was visible to other Chelsea fans here (Jack Barron - ‘hauled down’, Rack Kit ‘rugby tackled’)

Very good performance by Albion today against Utd. GP had his tactics spot on and his players delivered in a similar game to last season in the 0-0 except Albion scored the goals they deserved. Albion showed what you can do when you have a well run football club and a very good manager. I felt a bit sorry for YB and the red card. There is no doubt he didn't mean it, a total accident but it beats me why KF needed 9 looks on the pitch-side monitor to see that it was dangerous play, though.

I am pleased for you and your team are playing well but you are a dreadful "reporter" Graham Potter and Kevin Friend are quite easy to type and Newcastle will explain which united......texting is bad for you.

Neither in fact. I am guessing that a trip to SpecSavers might help your inability to see what was visible to other Chelsea fans here (Jack Barron - ‘hauled down’, Rack Kit ‘rugby tackled’)

I am not a Chelsea fan, nor a Liverpool fan, so perhaps I view it as what it was - stupid defending, 'clever' attacking play and a deserved red card. What I don't see is the horrendous challenge you suggest: in my opinion, it was a minor tangle and little more.

I am pleased for you and your team are playing well but you are a dreadful "reporter" Graham Potter and Kevin Friend are quite easy to type and Newcastle will explain which united......texting is bad for you.
:D:D

My team are playing crap.

Texting?

Chelsea didn't turn up today, I was hoping they'd give us a game but we got a daft keeper a rugby tackle and a poor pen oh and two goals from Mane the match.
Not sure Liverpool had really turned up either until Christensen had his moment of madness - looked slightly the better side but not enough to have turned it into a numerical advantage.

Chelsea didn't turn up today, I was hoping they'd give us a game but we got a daft keeper a rugby tackle and a poor pen oh and two goals from Mane the match.

I have a feeling that the gap between the first placed team and the one that will finish second will start to open up tomorrow. Wolves couldn’t be a tougher start, we usually get the square root of Fanny Adams against them. We still haven’t replaced Kompany. I think Ake is cover for Laporte. He wouldn’t play two left footed centre halfs would he?

Aguero being out for two months is a nightmare. He’s made of glass these days. Better hope we can persuade Mbappe to come next year!

I am not a Chelsea fan, nor a Liverpool fan, so perhaps I view it as what it was - stupid defending, 'clever' attacking play and a deserved red card. What I don't see is the horrendous challenge you suggest: in my opinion, it was a minor tangle and little more.
FWIW I think you're spot on.

It wasn’t a “horrendous” challenge, in the leg breaking sense, but as oldius says it was poor and deserving of the red card. I was pleased with Liverpool’s improved performance after the Leeds game, and was surprised at how defensive Chelsea were given the signings they’ve made. They are a young side and will definitely improve. Need more solidity at the back though. Liverpool need to buy a centre half for defensive cover. Fabinho did great today, but he’s the last one standing if Gomez and Matip are both unreliable fitness-wise.

I thought the Reds were majestic today and didn't have to break out of 3rd gear - the red card only cemented what would have followed in the second half. I think the Blues are a work in progress still, It's difficult to integrate lots of new players into a team & I'm certain that they'll improve greatly and challenge the top clubs before too long, it's always about confidence too and the defence will always be on edge with a nervous keeper between the sticks - we know only too well from Karius and Adrian past mistakes

I thought the Reds were majestic today and didn't have to break out of 3rd gear - the red card only cemented what would have followed in the second half. I think the Blues are a work in progress still, It's difficult to integrate lots of new players into a team & I'm certain that they'll improve greatly and challenge the top clubs before too long, it's always about confidence too and the defence will always be on edge with a nervous keeper between the sticks - we know only too well from Karius and Adrian past mistakes

Majestic?

Far to early to judge Chelsea but would not mind Werner on loan!
Have to say that Liverpool played well, crisp passing and speedy movements.
Get the impression that if Liverpool lose a player they can still put out a good team. Chelsea lose Pulisic and whoops a big miss for skill and pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back