advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was great to see Palace give the Northern Neds a hammering. Utd need to follow the advice of Ian Brown and Noel Gallagher and not wear facemasks. If enough of them get Covid-19, we won't have to watch them play.

I hope Chelsea take a leaf out of Palace's manual and attack Liverpool this afternoon. There is no room for sitting on the sidelines if you want to beat Klopp's klipperties.

Jack

I suspect Chelsea would pay a heavy price for all out attack against the Reds - likely to be more successful sitting back (as Arteta does) & playing on the break - I'd take a point tbh

Come on Chelsea.
I won't take that as a compliment - more an indication that you don't see Chelsea as a threat for the title this season.;)
I've a nasty feeling that Frank's outburst at Anfield last season might count against us - I expect Liverpool to be really fired up for this one.
I'd take a point all day long.

I don't know what the record is in the PL for goals scored in a round of matches but with 28 scored after 5 matches you'd have to think that this weekend might run it close.

It'll be a close game I'm sure - all a bit odd without any real home advantage I feel, my view is that we'll definitely miss the crowd/twelfth man at Anfield this coming season - as most will

I won't take that as a compliment - more an indication that you don't see Chelsea as a threat for the title this season.;)
I've a nasty feeling that Frank's outburst at Anfield last season might count against us - I expect Liverpool to be really fired up for this one.
I'd take a point all day long.

Actually, I like Lampard who was a complete professional at my club, Man City. Conversely, I have little time for Liverpool Football Club, for obvious reasons.

No pressure Chelsea fans but if you don't beat Liverpool at home today then you're out of the title race already. ;)

Chelsea will have to beat Liverpool with 10 men after Christensen was sent off for an extraordinary rugby tackle on Mane. He should contact Saracens.

Chelsea will have to beat Liverpool with 10 men after Christensen was sent off for an extraordinary rugby tackle on Mane. He should contact Saracens.

Who on earth said that? It was neither extraordinary nor a rugby tackle. It was a deserved red for a minor coming together that prevented a goal-scoring opportunity and nothing more.

Far from attacking Liverpool, Chelsea have sat back, hoping the Klopp's will make a mistake and Timo Wener will sprint through and score. Has it worked? Has it hell. It's been a boring game to watch.

To add to the gloom, the imbecilic Christensen hauled down Mane a couple of minutes before half time. He was rightly given a red card. This ranks right up there with Christensen passing the ball to Messi in a Champione League game at Stamford Bridge and the Argentinian helping to kick us out of the competition.

I thought Chelsea were going to sell Christensen. It's about bloody time they did.

Strange things happen in football, but the odds of Chelsea winning today are 666/1.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back