advertisement

The 2020 F1 Season

Of course not, but if i was paying X million a race to have my logo in prime position on his overalls, I'd be less than pleased for it to be deliberately covered up. (Which was my original point before Rack Kit decided that not being a fan of Lewis makes me a fully paid up member of the KKK.. )

I would think that all of Hamilton's sponsors, and his employer should be glad to be portrayed as being on the right side of history. Perhaps this could be the century in which racial inequality is finally ended ?

We shouldn't need BLM, the fact that we do is a stain on a big, and wealthy, proportion of the world. That that police appear able to make extra judicial executions is only the headline news. Black parents have to sit down with their children before they start school to explain how people may say bad things to them just because of their skin colour, no-one should have to give that message to a toddler. In truth we're no further forward than we were 60 years ago and with the likes of Trump and Johnson in charge things are moving the wrong way.

In truth we're no further forward than we were 60 years ago

I agree that from time to time something happens in the news which makes one think like this but then again I think he tide is generally moving towards a level playing field. For example, I found this from Diversity UK

Public Appointments 2012 - 2019
Description Year 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019
Appointments & Reappointments

Women 33.9% 35.6% 39.1% 45.2% 45.4% 48.5% 48.0% 44.9%
BAME 7.2% 5.5% 7.7% 7.9%8.4% 9.1% 10.0% 13.0%
Disabilities 5.1% 5.3% 7.6% 4.6% 4.1% 6.0% 7.0% 6.1%
Aged 45 and under 13.3% 11.0% 11.7% 12.1% 13.4% 15% 20% 44%

which at 13% is close to the UK wide figure of 14% for BAME group.

Who’d have guessed a hard-right climate science denier and Brexit supporter would think that?! I bet Farage, Trump, Yaxley Lennon etc all feel much the same.
This is grotesquely offensive. Why are you so dishonest?

PS For the avoidance of all doubt: pfm supports BLM.
So how do you justify supporting the destruction of black lives and livelihoods?

How do you square calling for the end of capitalism with hosting a discussion of F1, the epitome of capitalism and privilege?

How can you be comfortable with a movement that treats black as separate from white, different in essential ways and denies this labelled group any agency in their lives?

I'm very uncomfortable with racism, perhaps you just haven't thought it through.

This is an anti-racist and anti-fascist website.
Not obviously.

As an aside, just been watching the Dragonspeed live feed from Le Mans. My goodness, these guys must be tough, hurtling along at a million miles an hour at night and having all their fillings shaken out at the same time.

Former Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali is to become the new boss of Formula 1 next year.
The Italian, who left Ferrari early in 2014, is the chief executive of sports car manufacturer Lamborghini.
The 55-year-old's appointment has not been announced by F1, but has been confirmed to the BBC by senior sources.
Chase Carey, CEO and chairman of F1 since US group Liberty Media took over the sport in 2017, will stay as chairman in a form still to be decided.

119858607_3535969999793268_1288137823847269868_o.jpg

So Hamilton could equal Schumacher's record of 91 wins tomorrow, a record that I thought I'd never see beaten. However, my money says he wasn't. He and Bottas are slithering around and he's on soft tyres, whereas Verstappen and Bottas are on mediums. My money is on Verstappen - but if we have a crashfest with safety car interludes, all bets are off.

So Hamilton could equal Schumacher's record of 91 wins tomorrow, a record that I thought I'd never see beaten. However, my money says he wasn't. He and Bottas are slithering around and he's on soft tyres, whereas Verstappen and Bottas are on mediums. My money is on Verstappen - but if we have a crashfest with safety car interludes, all bets are off.

I think it will be a corker. Not a great track to be pole on, VER and BOT bearing down on HAM for turn 2 but HAM should get the best start and will be crawling round on the warm up lap with those soft tyres hoping the mediums behind cannot get into temp for the first few corners allowing him to get away. If he doesn't get the holeshot he will get a chance at the undercut, we should get a decent battle at the front, disasters notwithstanding.

advertisement

Back