advertisement

Teddy Pardo amps

tiggers

pfm Member
I recently acquired a Teddy Pardo PR1/MB100s pre/monblocks combination from psd1222 of this parish. I bought them partly for use in a temporary system while I sell off my Naim gear and keep working to find a replacement with a lot less boxes and partly as I had always wanted to try some.

Currently they are hooked up to a CD5X and a set of Allaes. I can report that they are astonishingly good for the money, definitely a good bit better than a Naim 202/200 and not as far off a 52/SC/135s as I thought they would be. Simple to cable up too.

I think I will be hanging on to them for a long time, deployment in the office system eventually I think.

It's just a pity Teddy Pardo stopped making them. Going to try the Neat Motive SX2s with them next and see what improvement slotting my CDS3 in will make.

My olive 135’s have been with me for years and years, nothing I’ve auditioned has touched them. Here’s hoping that TP brings some mono blocks out.....might finally shift them.....

My olive 135’s have been with me for years and years, nothing I’ve auditioned has touched them. Here’s hoping that TP brings some mono blocks out.....might finally shift them.....
no doubt he can make superb amps ... only if this time he decides to use the distributors networks to make it work, prices might never be so attractive and even start approaching Naim ..

Same as tiggers, I bought a used pair of MB100 and a used PR1 as well. Sold my complete Naim stuff and happy with this decision. Had NAC252/SC2/NAP200 and miss nothing. The CDS3 was replaced with a Rega Isis, now an Innuos Zenith MK3 with Teddy DAC 192Mhz. Tom Evans Microgroove plus MK2 replaced with Teddy PHN1.1. Never heard music better.

The Amps are really astonishing! The DAC is as good as the DAC inside of CDS3/Isis (my personal opinion).

I recently acquired a Teddy Pardo PR1/MB100s pre/monblocks combination from psd1222 of this parish. I bought them partly for use in a temporary system while I sell off my Naim gear and keep working to find a replacement with a lot less boxes and partly as I had always wanted to try some.

Currently they are hooked up to a CD5X and a set of Allaes. I can report that they are astonishingly good for the money, definitely a good bit better than a Naim 202/200 and not as far off a 52/SC/135s as I thought they would be. Simple to cable up too.

I think I will be hanging on to them for a long time, deployment in the office system eventually I think.

It's just a pity Teddy Pardo stopped making them. Going to try the Neat Motive SX2s with them next and see what improvement slotting my CDS3 in will make.

I too went from a medium-high Naim setup to all Teddy pre/power/dac/phonostage etc. After adjusting to the "different" presentation and learning to enjoy it as much as Naim, the biggest mistake I made was getting rid of my Naim SL2 speakers. The Neats should be fine and the CDS3 will shine, especially if you added a Teddy XPS which I found to be better than the Naim XPS2.

I wish Teddy would develop a Tube-based pre/amp as this could be my final post-retirement change!

Currently using Teddy PR1 Naim Snaxo 242 with Teddy Supercap and 2x ST60 active into my SL2. Loving the sound.

Wonder what that would be like with 4 MB100

I switched from MB100s to ST60s when I went active. The thought crossed my mind to get another two MB100s, but that'd be an 8 box amp! Also I seem to remember that in correspondence when I was making the switch Teddy said he used lower power (30 wpc maybe?) stereo amps in his personal active setup made up from "leftover" parts and that with an active setup less power was needed. I would agree. The system plays plenty loud while keeping control.

I am looking for a PR1/100MB combo or just a pair of the 100MBs. If anyone hears of some please let me know.

Although I appreciate it’s unlikely to be one of you guys as you sound rather happy with them!

I had them in the past but sold them, which was a bit daft. Still have the Dac though.

Rumours of Teddy re-entering the amp market sound interesting. I wonder when these will launch?

I am looking for a PR1/100MB combo or just a pair of the 100MBs. If anyone hears of some please let me know.

Although I appreciate it’s unlikely to be one of you guys as you sound rather happy with them!

I had them in the past but sold them, which was a bit daft. Still have the Dac though.

Rumours of Teddy re-entering the amp market sound interesting. I wonder when these will launch?

Saw this in a board in the Netherlands:

https://hifi.nl/tweedehands/10045730/Teddy-Pardo-PR-1-Pre-+-2-x-Mono-MB100.html

Maybe something for you?

Thanks Steve.

Always a little worried about buying via unknown channels online, but will check it out.

That‘s true! But sometimes hard to find. Bought my MB100 from a Fishi, the PR1 from an Australian Guy via StereoNet. The Search engine Hifishark.com is helpfull, if you are looking for used gear.

advertisement

Back