advertisement

Your YouTube Adventures

The Brian Blessed clips of HIGNFY are funny....especially the webcast version

Restored footage of Hendrix from 1970. Oddly, amassed hippies look on largely unmoved.

A recommendation for this guy’s channel. It randomly turned up in my suggestions list, I guess as I watch a lot of music/audio related restoration stuff (Uncle Doug, Mr Carson’s Lab, XRayTony B, BlueGlow Electronics etc along with a ton of vintage computer stuff). This is obviously motor/vehicle restoration, but it’s good fun to watch even for someone like me who doesn’t drive. It goes into it in depth and the guy has a good sense of humour and just doesn’t ever seem phased by anything. This series on the red Ford truck is very long, it goes on for hours and hours, but it is fascinating to see how someone actually brings something like this back from the brink of landfill to a really cool and perfectly functional truck. The sections on panel shaping etc are really interesting. The amount of work involved astonishing.

PS The flood damaged 911 is good fun. He’s a big fan of old VWs and related stuff like Porsche.

...I guess as I watch a lot of music/audio related restoration stuff (Uncle Doug, Mr Carson’s Lab, XRayTony B, BlueGlow Electronics etc along with a ton of vintage computer stuff).

For quite a while I assumed the backdrop to Mr Carlson's lab was green screened. Then I realised it wasn't. That's an impressive amount of test equipment.

U2 on RTE in 1978. Future global super stardom was less than obvious and Bono was a bit of a prick right from the off it seems.

Good grief that’s bad! Starts almost as a fifth-rate Television wannabe and goes very rapidly downhill from there. I’d have never recognised them. First I heard was the I Will Follow single/Boy LP phase (I have that on vinyl and saw them live at the time). They’d found the delayed guitar sound by then and it did sound really new/fresh at that point.

U2 on RTE in 1978. Future global super stardom was less than obvious and Bono was a bit of a prick right from the off it seems.

That the vocals start a minute into a 1:55 song after a “gotta pad this out” solo right at the start is completely freaking out my mind.

The fact that it was only about 2 years before Boy is kind of mad.

Shaping all that is much to Steve Lillywhite’s credit.
Not much you can do with a case of Bono other than throw money (& couture) at it.

Longform video essay on QAnon and Flat Earth. Apparently Flat Earth is in trouble because lots of them are moving into QAnon and there are just not enough fascist kooks to go around.

advertisement

Back