advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain X

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised that some here think shooting is a sport only for toffs. Many regulars at my Local shoot and are from the Black Country and, apart from Mancs and Scousers, could not be less toff.

Indeed. It is a sport for arseholes, psycopaths and moronic thugs from all walks of life. There is no difference between grouse shooting, fox hunting, badger baiting, bear baiting, hunting rhinos or dog fighting. Just mindless violence from human detritus that has nothing of value to add to any civilised society.

Polling on public attitudes to compliance repeatedly bring up the negative impact of the Prime Minister allowing his chief advisor to knowingly break the rules then lie about it. It sent a far more powerful message to the public- one rule for us and one for the rest of you- than any present government public information campaign could manage.
Tit for tat is useless at the moment though. The country in general need to be very careful in the coming weeks. If we take the attitude that if it's ok for him then it's ok for us, expect a second wave far sooner than predicted.

We shouldn't need government guidelines to act sensibly during the worst pandemic in over 100 years. Have we really become a nation that needs to be told every ....... tiny nugget of information to keep ourselves & those around us safe.

Indeed. It is a sport for arseholes, psycopaths and moronic thugs from all walks of life. There is no difference between grouse shooting, fox hunting, badger baiting, bear baiting, hunting rhinos or dog fighting. Just mindless violence from human detritus that has nothing of value to add to any civilised society.
Plus 1

C4 once again leading the way on issues of the day, tonight on the impact of lack of test and track on education. Many schools understaffed because teachers cannot get tested, or if they can, can’t get the results.

Only a little while ago the moral integrity of teachers was questioned about opening schools. We were told schools were safe.

If teachers had a moral duty to get back to school, what are the words that describe a government that has had months and months to prepare a working test and trace system to make a return to schools both safe and effective and done nothing except shift blame for their own utter incompetence?

We shouldn't need government guidelines to act sensibly during the worst pandemic in over 100 years. Have we really become a nation that needs to be told every ....... tiny nugget of information to keep ourselves & those around us safe.

well we now need to be told to drink water when it's hot. And not to drive in a storm

C4 once again leading the way on issues of the day, tonight on the impact of lack of test and track on education. Many schools understaffed because teachers cannot get tested, or if they can, can’t get the results.

Only a little while ago the moral integrity of teachers was questioned about opening schools. We were told schools were safe.

If teachers had a moral duty to get back to school, what are the words that describe a government that has had months and months to prepare a working test and trace system and done nothing except shift blame for their own utter incompetence?

There weren't many on here who could see that schools would be unsafe I must say - in fact it's worse even than I suspected. The year bubbles are remaining intact while kids can't be tested, with just those showing symptoms (hopefully) staying off. It's recipe for disaster.

I am doing some work in Sweden at the moment and had dinner a couple of weeks ago with a colleague who lives up north of the country. He was describing bear hunting (culling), and how skilled you need to be to shoot one (he hunts).
He was telling us how his neighbour called him to tell him there had been a bear in his garden the previous day whilst he was away with us. There are a lot of them at the moment apparently.
If I lived up there I would probably change my (anti) view on shooting wildlife...

Anyway, a bit off topic..

There weren't many on here who could see that schools would be unsafe I must say - in fact it's worse even than I suspected. The year bubbles are remaining intact while kids can't be tested, with just those showing symptoms (hopefully) staying off. It's recipe for disaster.
Not on here perhaps, but the unions were asking these questions months ago, for which they were depicted as hard left militants determined only to prevent schools opening

Not on here perhaps, but the unions were asking these questions months ago, for which they were depicted as hard left militants determined only to prevent schools opening

Absolutely - and they were left hanging by the Labour leadership after Long-Bailey was shifted out of the way. The NEI leadership seems to have meekly fallen into line too.

I seem to remember it was just a couple of vociferous trolls that kept telling us schools would be safe, swallowing the whole lying propaganda hook line and sinker.
They were usually rebuffed with evidence from a variety of posters.

I seem to remember it was just a couple of vociferous trolls that kept telling us schools would be safe, swallowing the whole lying propaganda hook line and sinker.

That is true. I'm too tired to look back but my memory is of people buying the 'need to return for the sake of the kids' argument in the main.

If my recent experience at a couple of local schools is anything to go by it won't be long before we see whole swathes of infection. Quite staggering the lack of any real measures put in place to protect staff or pupils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back