advertisement

Common sense from The Audiophiliac.

I didn't watch the video but man, Wilson have strong competition for world's ugliest speakers.

They're very much in the willy waving category in looks. Knew someone who had Watts and this was very much the vibe I got from him....

Maybe both? Was that terrible thing in the video preview a Wilson?

The Wilson WAMM, their first product:

TRcHdyJ.jpg

These are V7. The original ones had those little die-cast Braun speakers for midrange, and a different set of electrostatic tweeters.

Mr. Guttenberg certainly seems like a nice fellow, but the quality of the content presented is, uh, well, um... To be fair, it is better than many other YouTube reviewers, but that’s not saying a whole heck of a lot.

A small part of a one of Guttenbergs videos was recently replayed in the state controlled Swedish Radio. It was something about how quiet NY was in the Corona world, but any way!

The WAMMs has allways been somewher in the back of my mind as a DIY clone job. Now when you can get new B139's again...

Mr. Guttenberg certainly seems like a nice fellow, but the quality of the content presented is, uh, well, um... To be fair, it is better than many other YouTube reviewers, but that’s not saying a whole heck of a lot.

Would you care to enumerate the YouTubers with anywhere near Guttenberg's experience and credibility in the Audio Universe?

Now when you can get new B139's again...

They are available to buy, brand new. LINK

Would you care to enumerate the YouTubers with anywhere near Guttenberg's experience and credibility in the Audio Universe?

Experience and credibility don't always correlate with insight and honesty. I'm not saying I disagree with you. Just that being around for a long time and having an audience don't mean you're always right.

Weren’t they the star in a kid’s film and called number 5 or something like that?

I like SGs common sense too, the best system is the one we want to put on whatever source takes our interest rather than do something else. I can’t wait to get mine back in place after 9 months of DIY that should be finally over by October (electrics, plastering, lighting, sockets, ceiling, beam, windows, window sill, fireplace, painting, door frames, door hanging, flooring and now at the final decorating and cosmetics, phew).

Always knew it was going to be a protracted job and the end result has dedicated circuit back to main fuse box, sockets for freeview, freesat, fm, dab and Ethernet. Chimney redone and aerials mounted in the process. I have a Yamaha T85 arriving soon and I’m really looking forward to some evening concerts through it along with the vinyl, NAS and streaming back in place properly.

advertisement

Back