advertisement

Linn Klimax twin with harbeth 30.1?

Joel Burt

pfm Member
Looking for an am to drive some harbeth 30.1s. I have a AK/1 preamp. Would a klimax twin and the speakers get along?

Hi,

What exactly is an AK/1?

Do you mean a Linn Akurate Kontrol version 1?

John
In Linn’s quirky language, /1 means MK2, so it’s a second generation (2 channel only) Akurate Kontrol.

And to answer the OPs question, yes, I can’t see why not.

Hi,

I did wonder if it was an Akurate Kontrol, however Google AK/1 preamp and I got something completely different.

In answer to the OP's question if it is an Akurate Kontrol then yes along with a Klimax Twin, which is a great amp, it will drive any speakers with ease.

I have the Linn 2250 with the Dynamik power supply and I am told that it is basically the circuit of the Klimax Twin, just a different box.

Not sure if the early Klimax Twin had the Dynamik power supply, however the difference between a non Dynamik 2250 and a Dynamik 2250 is quite marked so I would assume the same would hold true with the Klimax Twin.

Cheers

John

Hi,

I did wonder if it was an Akurate Kontrol, however Google AK/1 preamp and I got something completely different.

In answer to the OP's question if it is an Akurate Kontrol then yes along with a Klimax Twin, which is a great amp, it will drive any speakers with ease.

I have the Linn 2250 with the Dynamik power supply and I am told that it is basically the circuit of the Klimax Twin, just a different box.

Not sure if the early Klimax Twin had the Dynamik power supply, however the difference between a non Dynamik 2250 and a Dynamik 2250 is quite marked so I would assume the same would hold true with the Klimax Twin.

Cheers

John
So mains make a difference :)

Yes I got that, did you get mine, "in this case" maybe I should have said box :D

The are magic amps, wish I could have one.

If you can prove that the Klimax Twin sounds different to any other amplifier, then Alan Shaw will give you the speakers for free, no?

advertisement

Back