advertisement

Recommendation for USB cable?

neilmack

pfm Member
I'm using a freebie USB A-B cable to connect the computer to the DAC. It seems OK.

Can anyone suggest something that will perform better (say for up to £50) or would I simply be buying placebo and eye-candy?

I'd say Fidelizer-Pro would be a better investment, and you can try the free version before coming to a decision.

Hama certified usb cable. Simply put there is no better usb cable. Cost, about a tenner

There is an argument for using the thinnest crappiest USB cable you can find as the extra capacitance may attenuate any noise, if present, may be attenuated. USB cables as thick as your arm may not be a good idea.

I'm using a freebie USB A-B cable to connect the computer to the DAC. It seems OK.

Can anyone suggest something that will perform better (say for up to £50) or would I simply be buying placebo and eye-candy?
I would say asking on here is pretty pointless.
Try a few for yourself and if you can't hear any difference buy the cheapest one.

I don't recommend exotic audiophile versions. Some of them are so exotic they don't meet spec.
Ditto some of the cheapo "clam-shell" packed versions at your local store.

Blue Jeans do meet spec, and they will manufacture to order. Not insanely expensive.
Supra are also well made quality cables for a reasonable amount.

advertisement

Back