advertisement

The Julian Assange extradition hearings begin today

@Seeker_UK I accept that Murray seems to have a bias/agenda, but he does put his findings across very well and in a very informed manner. I'm not a legal expert either, nor was I in Court (few people are allowed in according to the reports), but I can use the information I find and read to form my own opinions: it stinks of corruption. This is no longer just a political plot, but the UK legal system is now implicated in this injustice.

I don't think I stated that. What I wanted to raise is the possibility that a report on the hearing by someone with Craig Murray's interests and views may not a balanced report of proceedings. Your post infers that you consider Murray's article as objective but with no further reasons to support that; it leads me to the obvious conclusion that you only think it 'brilliant' because it confirms / supports your views on the matter. Sometimes, there seems a confusion between 'objectivity' and 'wot I think'.

Whilst I disagree with some of Craig Murray’s observations on some things, he is undoubtedly bright and has knowledge of the inner workings of the state and you have to ask why he has faced multiple expensive legal battles for his views on various subjects, the latest is on the Alex Salmond issue, there come a point when you have to wonder just how free speech is in the U.K. if the price of speaking up is bankruptcy, ok we may not use novichock but if the end result is people frightened to speak the result is the same.

Thanks for the links. It’s important to have detailed coverage.

But, from the latter piece: ‘The professor, who testified via video-link from Bradford in the English Midlands...’

Ooh, they’ll not be happy with that!

Disgraceful that there is no coverage of this on BBC , in any of the broadsheets, in fact it appears to be a vow of silence across all media. US administration must have been putting a LOT of pressure on our govt to keep this buried.

It’s been in the Times on 8, 10, 14 and 15 of September.
Guardian has also covered it.

Disgraceful that there is no coverage of this on BBC , in any of the broadsheets, in fact it appears to be a vow of silence across all media. US administration must have been putting a LOT of pressure on our govt to keep this buried.

The South African lawer Stella Morris, who's had two children with Assagne in the last few years, was interviewed by Victoria Derbyshire on BBC News this morning. I only caught the last few minutes of it. She said it was wrong to imprison Assange, because he highlighted war crimes. She also thought he would be freed.

I haven't been following the case, but read an assessment which included quotes from John Pilger. Apparently the prosecution are getting nowhere and the judge is bored. The person who wrote the assessment said Assange wouldn't be extradited.

I certainly hope so.

Jack

Court 10 - sitting at 10:00 am
DISTRICT JUDGE BARAITSER
SITTING AS CITY OF WESTMINSTER MAGISTRATES COURT

For Hearing

U20200360 ASSANGE, Julian

Oh, I'm in the building on Monday, may poke my nose in to see what's going on.

advertisement

Back