advertisement

Rega Isis / Osiris - Isolation Feet?

rn82497

pfm Member
Any Rega Isis / Osiris users out there tried isolation feet? Stillpoint, isoACOUSTICS, HiFiSTAY
Interested in your experiences.

Regards

Richard

Townsend Seismic Platforms under both. After playing about with various types of isolation/coupling the Townshend's were the only ones to make an improvement , rather than just different. That pleased I then went on to put Podiums under my speakers.

That's quite an outlay @Folkman - was there a greater improvement on one of them compared to the other (if funds only stretched to one platform)?

The platforms under the Isis and Osiris were done a good while ago so detailed findings have faded in the mists of time. I seem to recall similar improvements under the cd player and amp, although I logically started under the cd player.

But I was that pleased with the results i then started thinking about the Podiums under my speakers. I ummed and ahhed over them for a fair while , in part because I had tried some IsoAcoustics Gaia under my previous Rega RS10 speakers which were not a success. But fairly recently took the plunge on the Podiums and very glad I did.

I would say the podiums have by far the most impact , although the cumulative effect may have some bearing on it.

You can just buy the seismic pods individually to put underneath your equipment if wanted.

You can also buy them direct from Townshend's at a much better price than listed !

Folkman - Thanks.

A friend of mine wanted me to try out HiFiSTAY - Hardpoint Trinia. I was expecting minimal change - especially at low-is listening levels. I was wrong. Looks like I can hang on to the devices for a couple more weeks - so I'll repeat the experiment. As an aside the Osiris & Isis are so damn heavy to lift while trying to position the feet.

I really should try Ravioli as a low cost comparison - I suspect the Hardpoint Trinia cost a little more.

First Black Raviolis were ok
Latest are a big step up on those albeit £60 each and 4 sound a touch better than a mere 3

Best VFM I have tried are RDC cones

advertisement

Back