advertisement

Virgin Media broadband and tv installation Issue

Brian

Eating fat, staying slim
I signed up to VM for internet and tv last Thursday. As an ex-customer I received a Quick Start box, it’s a simple thing to set this up. I already have 3 x VM connection points in the house, 2 of them in the living room, 1 connection point at each end of the room.

The QS box had 1 splitter and cabling for 1 connection point only. I called the tech support and asked for cabling and a second splitter so I can use 1 connection point for the tv box and the other point for the hub.

£199 to send those extra bits out.

I am 3 days in so it’s looking likely I will call customer services tomorrow and return it all under the 14 day cooling off period. Part of me feels that’s unfair but I think they’re taking the p*** asking for £199. I can’t see any other way of tackling it.

My experience of Virgin is that their product is excellent and their service is worse than appalling.

The product is why I have returned to VM. Nothing compares where I live, unfortunately.

I’ll try and get into the loft tomorrow and see if the two way splitter I originally had is still there. If it is, it’s yours. If not, I’ll look for the make and model on the three way splitter that is there and let you know the details.

Some of the Virgin media street cabinets do not have battery back up so if there is a power cut you lose the internet and tv service.

I'm broadly happy with Virgin... Broadband and V6 box here. but they are leaving me without broadband around midnight..with increasing regularity.. and as you all know.. this is when I post my most brilliant, erudite and incisive work..:D

P.S. I'm also broadly unhappy with the way their 'bloke' just drilled through the front of our little house and ran the interior quite thick co-ax over skirting and a doorway to the TV. There are other slightly longer but much neater ways of doing it. Is it worth me challenging them.. or should I just buy the bits and DIY it?

ha thats quite normal mull .... i recently turned up at a house i took a lot of effort painting the skirting board and the virgin cable was very long all along it . the annoying thing is then after 2 weeks they decided they didn`t like virgin and went back to BT and i am stuck with all those cables .. another irritation is folks love upstairs TV in the bedroom and often get virgin to put black cables up the front wall to the bedroom !!!

Some of the Virgin media street cabinets do not have battery back up so if there is a power cut you lose the internet and tv service.
I’ll watch out for that. I have unlimited data on virgin mobile so that would be the back up.

ha thats quite normal mull .... i recently turned up at a house i took a lot of effort painting the skirting board and the virgin cable was very long all along it . the annoying thing is then after 2 weeks they decided they didn`t like virgin and went back to BT and i am stuck with all those cables .. another irritation is folks love upstairs TV in the bedroom and often get virgin to put black cables up the front wall to the bedroom !!!
They used white cable on our house. Cotswold stone and looks a bit tacky, tbh.

I'm broadly happy with Virgin... Broadband and V6 box here. but they are leaving me without broadband around midnight..with increasing regularity.. and as you all know.. this is when I post my most brilliant, erudite and incisive work..:D
Actually Mull, it was us who asked Virgin if they could do anything to help us out over your posts...

advertisement

Back