advertisement

Best Intro Ever

I'm kind of surprised no-one has suggested Lou Reed's Sweet Jane live for a bit of '70's rock geetar indulgence.. Takes me back to the days when I was up all night, jaw clenching, seeming not to need sleep ever again.

I've also always loved this one.

Both need to be played loud, obviously.

Another slightly indulgent one

isaac hayes. Love it

But for me.... nothing beats this and probably never will.

Pink Floyd - Careful With That Axe Eugene @ Brighton Dome 29 June 1972

The album version don't even come close to this live performance. It's on another level.

is that on a record?

is that on a record?

Officially, it's only made it to this release and only as visual content on the DVD.
https://www.discogs.com/Pink-Floyd-The-Early-Years-1972-Obfuscation/release/10067907

Which is annoying because three other tracks from that show (The Mortality Sequence, The Travel Sequence and Any Colour You Like) are included as audio versions on the DSOTM Immersion Box. By all accounts it's a well recorded live concert; perhaps it never got a full release because the run through Eclipse / DSOTM is sub-par compared to the Wembley set that did make it as a release.

Reactions: MVV
How can this thread go on without Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N Roses not being mentioned. Surely one of the most famous guitar riffs ever.

I would stretch to In The Air Tonight by Phil Collins if I had to name a second.

2 minutes worth of prime Phil Spector gorgeousness is the starter to this Dion gem...

Classic, in the true sense of the word. He's 80 and still makes great records with the likes of Van Morrison and assorted bluesmen.

Reactions: DIB

advertisement

Back