advertisement

Rega CD player - solid state vs valve

Rega dac are the bargain among dacs
At least IME

I've got mine around €300 and it comfortable stay while other kit leave, amo Naim V1 & Hugo.

Not sure why its discontinued or if its any different to whats inside Saturn/R

Has it really been out that long? I believe it came out some time after the s/s Isis but 10 years ago? Tempus fugit, as they say.

Worth mentioning that back in the turn of the century (1999 or 2000), a dealer brought down a Naim CDS, another expensive one (name escapes me but I believe it was valved) and a Linn CD12. Each was slotted in to my NA 52 plus 4 x 135 plus ProAc Response Fours. My friend and I were in no doubt, and neither was the dealer, which was the most natural and overall best of the three; the CD12 and by some margin. At £12K THEN, it had every right to be, of course. A landmark product; just a pity one had to pay for the ridiculous flight case and fancy packaging which would be immediately redundant once set up!

A further dem. of the CDS (1 or2? no idea) at Grahams, north London, through Naim but unfortunately big B&W Nautilus speakers (no synergy with Naim) left us both unimpressed. A year or so later I bought my first CDP, a s/h two-box Meridian, which was fine.

Perhaps 9 years? https://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/rega2/1.html

advertisement

Back