advertisement

SPL gear

yuckyamson

pfm Member
Anyone here have any experience? They seem to be extremely well made, cleverly designed, and according to some trusted sources, sound excellent.

They share a lot in common with Manley labs - - producinf gear predominately for studio but also carrying a full line for Hifi use. Just that one is valve based and the other transistor.

Anyway curious to hear your experiences.

One bloke told me he might stack up an elektor/s800 pre/power against a 282/sc/300dr.

That's no small comment.

I had the Phonitor mk1 headphone amp. Lovely thing it was. Used it with HD800 quite happily, until Stax came along and made the combo feel wanting and I never looked back. Still miss those needle level meter thingies, though....

Still miss those needle level meter thingies, though....

They are a lovely thing :)

IOKanmw.jpg

Their new hi-fi range of products are apparently quite serious. They have a few different pre-amps and power amps, and also a dac option that apparently punches way above it's weight for being an on-board install piece. I'm really curious.

That's piqued my curiosity. Reminds me of the old Nagra IVSJ recorder I used years ago

Would you be surprised to know that both our old Nagra reel-reel recorders were 'skipped' by MoD, presumably because they were seen as having no value?

advertisement

Back