advertisement

Rega Neo problem!

I'm not a regular on here but have been searching for others with issues with the Neo. I'm having exactly the same problem but not only that, I have had two Neos which do exactly the same thing. A third earlier model seems OK.

To be honest, it's driving me nuts. Everything's OK for a while but then you get records slowing down, speeding up, coming to a complete halt only to start up again a minute later. Let me repeat, two of the three Neos I have owned have done this.

I had no similar issues with the original TTPSU. If I was to choose a Rega deck again I'd go for the P3 and wallwart, bypassing the Neo altogether. However, as it is I have three Regas that need a speed controller so I need to find a solution.

I have been in touch with Rega (no response as yet) as I have little faith going back to the dealer for a replacement will solve anything.

Phil, please be assured that we are looking into the issue that you have reported, which occurs in a very few NEO units in our experience.

It appears to be due to a build up of static in the switch if it has not been used for a period time.

Prior to a long term production solution a quick and simple fix is to activate the switch(s) vigorously about a dozen times to clean the contacts.

Please PM me with your experiences, best, PD.

Great customer service from Rega

Many years ago I had two faulty Elys cartridges within the space of one month so Rega gave me an Exaxt on the third replacement with no extra charge. I thought that was classy and solved the issue.

advertisement

Back