advertisement

New dishwasher

My Bosch has done 14 years and counting (I know it'll probably break today - should have kept my mouth shut). It does have a design flaw in the drain pipe, which can block if anything gets past the filters because it's too narrow and constricted. I've replaced the cylindrical filter just recently.

Our last dishwasher was a Hotpoint bought sh but unused and it did us ten years before throwing the towel in so in June I bought a new one direct from Hotpoint off their eBay site. 259 quid delivered to our door. I probably could have fixed it but I'm glad we bought new. The difference is quite amazing.

Bosch here, for twenty-one years. Had a couple of fixable faults around six or seven years in, but otherwise it’s been fine.

Mick

Miele dishwasher & washing machine both exemplary machines had Bosch and Neff before but when I was retiring I thought I don’t want to buy another machine. Bought both from John Lewis in Bluewater.

Regards,

Martin

Miele machine for the past 12 years. We did have a drain pump fail and called Miele out (paid call out fee) and he judged the part failed before it should have and we ended up with the call out refunded and no charge for the part. Our gets used very heavily, usually twice a day.

I will not buy a dishwasher, washing machine or drier that is not Miele any more.

We are big fans of (Steve) Beko.

They stack em high and sell em cheap.

And we stick them in our kitchen (apart from the mixer - food not music - which my wife insists on being a Kitchen Aid)

I look forward to Bekos foray into Hi-Fi separates.

Ray

Bosch here, for twenty-one years. Had a couple of fixable faults around six or seven years in, but otherwise it’s been fine.

Mick
We’ve got a 22 year old a Bosch still works perfectly, with light use though. The overly complicated and overpriced piece of junk we have from Neff will be replaced with a different make when we move, quite probably Bosch.

Gave away a perfectly good Hotpoint because it was full size and wouldn't fit in the new kitchen. 'Slimline' replacement is a Smeg.. which has performed faultlessly so far, despite spitting out a collection of random nuts, bolts and washers into the filter during the first few uses....:eek:

However.. above was decided by Mrs Mull. If it was me I'd buy a simple basic machine with no bells and whistles. Same goes for washing machines. Ultimately they are all based around a couple of key components which are the usual cause of 'fatal' faults. May of these components are the same across numerous brands

My ex and I bought a cheap Beko six years ago. It's still going strong. The interior fittings were well made, it felt more solid than some of the Bosch and Neff models we also looked at, and was about £200. Get it from AO, they'll deliver for free next day. Keep it cleaned out by using Calgon or whatever occasionally, and make sure the filter trap gets cleared out regularly. Job done.

I hope Beko make their white goods to a better standard than their TVs. I had one, it died after 6 months, was replaced and died on its a**e again in less than 6 months.

Used to have siemens which I liked. It lasted about 12 yrs.

We now have a bosch, which is okay. I don't like the layout of the compartments.
It has a 'half the time' button which we use most of the time. 1 hr. 40 mins. seems about right, the contents are clean.

We use Aldi All in One tablet. £2.99 - and we rinse heavily soiled plates etc.
rarely have an issue (unless wifey has crammed too much into the dishwasher)

I am a long time lover of the overnight soak for anything burned onto the surface, of roasting trays for example.
And elbow grease if need be. (good hand/wrist physio for me, I don't have full range of movement and my wrists/hands/fingers seize up)

Just use w/up liquid, a bowl and some cloths and scourers. It'll come to less than £10 think of all the sweets you can buy with what you've saved.

I don't mind washing dishes and having asbestos hands from years of furnace work, I can happily rinse stuff in pretty hot water so it all dries itself quickly.

However.. I'm told that dishwashers use less energy and water overall...

I don't mind washing dishes and having asbestos hands from years of furnace work, I can happily rinse stuff in pretty hot water so it all dries itself quickly.

However.. I'm told that dishwashers use less energy and water overall...

I remain to be convinced: A dishwasher uses an average 18l per cycle, a bowl uses about 6l. Dishwashing happens twice a day so I use 12l and no electricity.

advertisement

Back