advertisement

Photo Theme 273 - "Corner, Or Around It" - closing date: 14 August 2020.

tuga

Legal Alien
Photo Theme 273

"Corner, Or Around It"
- An essay on what's around a corner...

Closing date: midnight 14 August 2020.

1) Photos to be taken between now and the end date.
2) Max dimensions 1000px (W) x 800px (H) per photo, to be displayed in line please, rather than linked.

Themes so far have been:

Cold; Unruly/disobedient; 4 Legged; My favourite Beauty Spot; Simple; Weather; Decay; Old & New; Rhythm; Motion; Portrait; Inside; Work, Rest or Play; Spring; Three; Light; Up; Charm; Feminine; Bokeh; Naked; Upside Down; Natural World; Square; Long Exposure; Sliding; Dream; Street; Autumnal; Night; Fish out of Water; Candid; Winterval; Hope; Portrait; Simplicity; Lines; Coast; Power; Bleak; Close up; Rock; Mechanical; Reflection; Two of; Abstract; Green; Humour; Curves; Fruit; Mother nature; Smooth; Neon; "on forever's very now we stand"; At the water's edge; "Out with the old, in with the new"; Warm; Stranger; Modern Life Is Rubbish; Still Life; Sparkling; Distant; Intertwine; Flow; Paths; Freedom; Numbers; Urban; Faces Everywhere; Beautiful Evidence; Angles; Static; Shadows; Darlin' Companion; Chill; Single Colour; Atmosphere; Isolation; Implementation; Texture; Hidden; Silhouettes; Leisure; Sphere of Influence; Yes; Set; White noise; Another Fine Mess; Industrial; Interstitial; From Above; Age; Tension; Top to Bottom; Evening; Comfort; Wind; Yellow; On your doorstep; Complex; Vanishing Point; Indulgence; After Dark; Gesture; Parking; Incongruous; Spring Has Sprung; Infrastructure; Commerce; On Two Wheels; Lush; Feet; Athletic; Water; Go; Lunch; Escapism; Pause; Uncovered; Beer; Window; Contrast; Time; Voluptuous; Numerous; Patience; Wood; Objets Trouvés; Signs; Highly Strung; Park life; Transport; Symmetry; Enterprise; Interaction; Walls; Folded; Distorted; The Look of Love; The last days of Summer; Looking Out; Rustic; Polly Wants A Cracker; Oops; Wet Wet Wet; Building; Relaxing; Line; Food; Moving Still; Triangle; Noise; Empty; Tranquillity; Discontinuous; Translucent; The eyes have it, Disproportionate, Doors, Revolution; Recreation; Impression(ist); At the Market; Eye; Your neighbourhood; Straight out of camera! Round; Portal; Transport; Shopping Madness; High or Low; Hands; Back to Basics; The Golden Hour; Character; Bath; Vertical; Anticipation; Bloom; Bliss; Small; Grand Day Out; Red; Highlight; Modern World; Speed; Family; Holidays; Remote; Orange; Grain; Hardware; Construction; Reflect; Grey; Desolate; Morning; For the Record; Out & About; Massive; Thirds; Food of Love; The Great Outdoors; Sharp; Rubbish; The Facility; Independence; Shapes Everywhere; Constant Variable; Labour; Before & After; Glass; Great Balls of Fire; Anything Goes; Song Titles; Up Close; Black & White; Look Up or Look Down; Sporting Action; Kaleidoscope of Colours; Less Is More; Sunlight; Horsepower; Feet in the Picture; Sand, Sea or Sky; Frame It; Steel; Low light; Wings; 4 Legged; Lawlessness / Disobedience; Crowded; Retail; Cold; Arches; Space; Movement; Anything Goes (twice in a row); Outside; Emergency Services; Work; Scorch; Tiny; Album cover; Non-linear; Fill the frame; Rust; Festive sprit; New beginning; Open (anything goes);Texture / Dominant Colour; Close to home; Favourite thing; Open; Portrait: Green in black and white; Large!; Below; Changing Seasons; Technology; Xmas Excess; A Sense of Scale; Tomorrow (diptych - abandoned); Up My Street; Abandoned. A Small Joy; Walls; Open - Anything Goes;

Did anyone win?
I forgot to enter, sorry, even had an idea in shielded, isolated, locked down imprisonment - so now waiting for the nest one. I'm allowed to escape tomorrow for a MRI scan so have a photo opportunity that isn't my garden...

Did anyone win?
I forgot to enter, sorry, even had an idea in shielded, isolated, locked down imprisonment - so now waiting for the nest one. I'm allowed to escape tomorrow for a MRI scan so have a photo opportunity that isn't my garden...
Good question! Tuga has vanished, so around we go again☹️. I messaged him, asked if he’d been banned, with no reply, and now not sure what to do.
I think it’d be useful if someone had some overall control of this thread ‘in case’. After all, this the 2nd time recently this has happened and it’s a tad discouraging for the entrants I think.

I'm happy to step (again) if that is the general consensus, I'm equally more than happy for someone else to do it.

Despite getting very variable numbers of entries, it would be shame if the Theme was allowed to die. We probably need a few successive themes that aren't too obscure and open to lots of interpretation to get the threads moving again.

Certainly yes IMO to you being IC in a general sort of way, but we'll need a mod for this theme, since you entered I guess ;)

As a general thought I agree that it's a great thread to encourage photography in general, but keeping things shorter (a month is way too long IMO since we are generally busy people and tend to go off on other things) a week just right, with the end day always a Saturday evening, giving busy workers at least 2 weekend days to get and do it. Avoid themes getting very clever and abstract ( again, nice sometime), promoting more easily accessed ideas which would be just as interesting I think, and allow more entries.

I'd suggest a post in OffTopic to alert all of PFM to a re-awakening of this thread, pointing out that camera phone stuff is welcome etc and maybe outlining 1 or 2 simple ways to host and publish snaps here, in case people new to all this don't know.
Since JemH is here looking in and didn't enter, might he be kind enough to moderate this one?

After that, one more suggestion. Cut the list of previous themes down to some of the latest only (10? 20?) and just restart with, as Mr P said, some good solid theme we can all agree on and then go on with winner chooses after that.

I'm relatively new here, so, just contributing to get a discussion moving.

I like 2 or 3 weeks - I quite enjoy just thinking about a theme for a while - it’s often in my mind and, for me, good to let it stew. But happy to go with anything. Great thread, let’s keep it going!!

I really enjoy this and I feel really guilty that I didn't participate - I think longer periods may allow me to 'put it off' and then fail. We maybe should elect a moderator (Tony himself perhaps) to judge if the OP disappears - sometimes it's for legit reasons - I do recall trying to set a new theme via my phone, in a restaurant in Marbella, with a dodgy phone signal once!

So, my feeling is we should revert to a two week period, and the OP needs to take responsibility and get it done, or ask the moderator to deputise.

In my professional role (www.theimagementor.co.uk) - I often set exercises like this, they do concentrate the photographic mind...

I may be up for this if someone can give me a heads up as to whats required

Although I am not a mod

I don't think we need someone with moderator rights, we just need someone who will step in and judge if the OP doesn't respond after a period of time. I'd suggest 48hrs after the scheduled finish time, and then set a new theme - and of course, judge that one, so it's quite a job...

Since JemH is here looking in and didn't enter, might he be kind enough to moderate this one?

Normally I'd say yes, but I'm in medical limbo at the moment so may not be around at the close of the next theme, as waiting on a date for some rather drastic surgery.

Can I be the judge?

I could only select a winner by means of what pleases my eye, not necessarily for technical skills
which I have no knowledge with photography

Will let it lie for a few days in case of any objections, or the op returns.

Best I feel if my partner picks the winner, at least it will be totally impartial

PS: It would be good if there were a few more entrants!

advertisement

Back