advertisement

Witch Hat Contact

Peter Groom

pfm Member
I tried to contact Witch Hat this week by 'phone & email - but no luck. Are they still active as I would like to discuss/order loudspeaker cable & servicing of hicaps.
Any feedback would be useful

Still going strong as far as I know. Had an email conversation with Mitch recently.
[email protected].
Please note they’ve always seemed to me engineers first, business acumen comes a fair way down the list, so persevere!

Please note they’ve always seemed to me engineers first, business acumen comes a fair way down the list, so persevere!

That's fair enough, but I've had similar issue too; answering the phone or an email, doesn't take that much effort. I've got some equipment I'd like to send them for a service at some point, but the stories I've read recently here, are putting me off somewhat; maybe they should hire a school leaver to do a bit of admin and to answer the phone etc.

That's fair enough, but I've had similar issue too; answering the phone or an email, doesn't take that much effort. I've got some equipment I'd like to send them for a service at some point, but the stories I've read recently here, are putting me off somewhat; maybe they should hire a school leaver to do a bit of admin and to answer the phone etc.

I have one available :)

Tim

Recent popularity of some products have stretched them a little recently I think but stick with it. Great products and servicing.

How can it be great servicing with not answering phone or email, plus several reported deliveries not matching what ordered.?

That actually happend to me.
Apart from the hassle returning item, no apologies or extra postage refund was received.

How can it be great servicing with not answering phone or email, plus several reported deliveries not matching what ordered.?

That actually happend to me.
Apart from the hassle returning item, no apologies or extra postage refund was received.
All true. However, the actual servicing of equipment is first rate, I get the feeling that it is performed by people who actually know and care what their doing, rather than a bloke with an NVQ at Salisbury just following a crib sheet. Cables are excellent too. All in all, when you go to WH you get cables which give an incredible uplift to your system (why all Naim owners don’t upgrade to Morgana defies all logic to my ears) and servicing that genuinely improves the sound (I’ve had problems with Salisbury in the past 18 months which leads me to believe that the service department is not what it was. Monies were refunded).

(I’ve had problems with Salisbury in the past 18 months which leads me to believe that the service department is not what it was. Monies were refunded).

Salisbury HQ Servicing was superb at one point, especially when Maureen was there - I hope she is enjoying her well-earned retirement.

Unfortunately, many year back, the bean-counters at Salisbury HQ worked out that they could make more money out of the Service Department. Prices went up substantially. Then they decided they would cut their dealer network in on the work and costs. So no more, Joe Public dealing directly with Salisbury HQ - everything must go via your dealer. Trouble is, people like me don't have a dealer and I don't necessarily want one, so that and the costs put me right off.

Salisbury is about maximize profit these days.
Its probably good for their investors.

People actually seem pleased to purchase mega priced Lumina cables.
Unbelieveable !

How can it be great servicing with not answering phone or email, plus several reported deliveries not matching what ordered?

Yes, I quite agree; they do need to improve in this area. I think that many small companies struggle in the transition to a greater manufacturing output.

All true. However, the actual servicing of equipment is first rate...

Again, I'm sure that is true and I hope that they are aware of the issues that prevent them from becoming a great company.

advertisement

Back