advertisement

Last minute UK holiday booking - hmmm...

As everyone who goes on holiday has 50 points taken off their IQ, what price a second peak? Pubs and restaurants will be desperate to make up for lost revenue so they'll be bending the limits of sensibility.

We are currently on holiday for 9 nights and Pubs/restaurants are off limits so no risk there, brought along plenty of food/drink and only done one local shopping trip (today) to re-stock to last us til we go home. Just enjoyed a slow cooked BBQ shoulder of lamb with a Greek Salad and a glass of plonk no need for restaurants . . .

We have booked a nice hotel in Suffolk next week for five nights including breakfast and a three course evening meal. We booked the day before the government announced the VAT drop to 5%. Total cost £1595 but it is a suite. The hotel told us they will Honour the vat reduction which gives us the best part of £240 to spend on booze. In addition we can upgrade to the four course menu for nothing as it was ten quid above the normal £40 quid a head and is covered for three nights. At the time of booking my wife was prevaricating but I convinced her that if the vat reduction happened the hotels would be booked up and I would take the chance that we would get the vat saving. Really looking forward to doing sod all for five days other than enjoying ourselves. No airport crap, long transfers to the resort and expensive medical bills when SWMBO gets noshed by mosquitos and reacts badly.

I can't quite fathom people being worried about holidays at present. I've not been to a pub, restaurant or cafe yet (aside from work, fully masked up of course) never mind a holiday.

I'm not doing anything until we have a gold plated vaccine.
You can go on any kind of holiday you want. Like the south coast where it's very busy.. Not for me. Or you can go rural in Scotland you can have a beach to yourself. I prefer the latter. However I understand where you are coming from.

EasyJet have just cancelled my flights to Palma on 12th September so I better start looking for somewhere more local for SWMBO and me to spend 10 days, theat's three breaks cancelled this year, certainly needing some rest

We took a chance and booked a weeks in holiday in Devon for September during lockdown when everything was still shutdown and they were desperate for bookings. We got a very good deal at quite a descent place that has some amazing facilities including a 15ft home cinema room, which I’m looking forward to playing a few 4K discs through :) looking forward to it and hoping for some good weather (Indian Summer) would be nice

EasyJet have just cancelled my flights to Palma on 12th September so I better start looking for somewhere more local for SWMBO and me to spend 10 days, theat's three breaks cancelled this year, certainly needing some rest

Don’t forget you can exchange the cancelled flights for any other flights, whatever the price difference, at no extra cost.

They cancelled my two flights to Rome in Oct, £61 return each, and let me book for two flights to Verona next year that would be £185 return each for no further cost.

Don’t forget you can exchange the cancelled flights for any other flights, whatever the price difference, at no extra cost.

They cancelled my two flights to Rome in Oct, £61 return each, and let me book for two flights to Verona next year that would be £185 return each for no further cost.
thanks for the heads up, much appreciated

We are wild camping in the motorhome next week round the UK. Anyone with an open front garden or field, please forwward your address. We won't make a mess.

You searching for Juliet ?

arn't they mutually exclusive? cant say i ever saw any caravans when i was wild camping

My parents sell their front drive when football matches are on? How much an hour can you afford?
They are but it seems an accepted term among us middle class pikeys.
We can offer what the club Passion France offers. You park in anyone's vineyard for the night in return for the purchase of a bottle of wine.

That is how to do it.

advertisement

Back