advertisement

Thunder Storm has arrived. Has yours?

Listen Thomas.. I don't need your personal opinion on a heat wave. I couldn't give a flying f*** if you like it or not... I like it.. and I'm only seeing cloud and humidity...
It's NOT all about the ****ing South East!!!!

I'm with Thomas Shavaknacker and he's right about the oppressive heatwave, now for well over a week. I'm in the east; everything's dry as a bone and have just had to use a hose on my beans and I've got 10 water butts ! This is not the English summer I was brought up in, with 3 droughts in a season here. If you lot in the north-west would divert your excess precipitation to us here in the east we'd be eternally grateful.

We need to wait for the thunderstorm opportunity until Thursday (but not guaranteed) so a diversionary rain dance may be in order; lightning fast at that !

I'm with Thomas Shavaknacker and he's right about the oppressive heatwave, now for well over a week. I'm in the east; everything's dry as a bone and have just had to use a hose on my beans and I've got 10 water butts ! This is not the English summer I was brought up in, with 3 droughts in a season here. If you lot in the north-west would divert your excess precipitation to us here in the east we'd be eternally grateful.

We need to wait for the thunderstorm opportunity until Thursday (but not guaranteed) so a diversionary rain dance may be in order; lightning fast at that !
It's the same here on the South Coast -East Sussex - where I am; continual sunshine, dry as a bone and over 30C for days on end. Apparently we had a storm last night but I never heard a thing. Sun shining again today. The water main has burst in the road outside my house and the front garden is getting a good watering, so every cloud...

Best of luck with your rain dance! I must admit I found even the heat up here somewhat oppressive recently. Dry with no wind is my favourite weather state here in the Scottish central belt but just limit the direct sun light!

We'll swap you some of our 'excess precipitation', for some of your transport infrastructure, employment opportunity and unfairly targeted Govt funding. ;) And yes.. I know Norwich isn't quite the South East, but I reckon it gets better Govt treatment than the NW.

We actually have sunshine and only thin high cloud for the first time in days. It's around 27 C and yes a bit humid. Whether that is something to be 'endured', or 'enjoyed', is of course highly subjective.. but all indoor tasks are on hold for me while it lasts.

Right... back to the garden....

nothing not a spot of rain in the heart of herts. Off to Margate again on Friday to celebrate Louise's birthday......

Try the Fez bar, if open, more spirits and wine, some beer iirc,behind Sands Hotel. Barman/owner is a really good singer as the music well loud.
I was well on the way in there.

Try the Fez bar, if open, more spirits and wine, some beer iirc,behind Sands Hotel. Barman/owner is a really good singer as the music well loud.
I was well on the way in there.

Thanks Chris that is really kind of you. That looks like it is right next door to Buoy and Oyster Seafood bar where we ate. I don't remember seeing it open when we were there a few weeks ago. We'll be eating there on Saturday so we'll look out for Fez (edit: looks like it might have reopened on 1st August)

We like the Two Halves Pub on the front, a really nice micropub (reduced to 4 tables inside) run by a Harry Rednapp lookalike. Xylo on the front which brews there own beer is quite nice although. The Life Boat is not what was, but still ok.

we are reading 34*C in the shade, 41 in sun. Our bedroom is 31 and the office is 29, was 24 as i have the AC on but the door is now open......heart of herts

Minging today in Costa del Birmingham. Really hot too. :D

Some light rain last night but not enough to get any into the water butt.

not walking too well today, but would welcome a thunderstorm to cool things down. Normally I'm walking the dog extremely early in the morning or very late at night because of the temperature.

advertisement

Back