advertisement

Thunder Storm has arrived. Has yours?

Peter McDermott

pfm Member
We've had weather warnings for North Wales for the last day or so. often these come to nothing but this time the storm has arrived: big flashes across the sky, rumble after rumble.

Anything where you are?

Nope. Quick shower ealry afternoon. But a thunderstorm reported from friends less than 20 Miles away in Wolverhampton

Hinting at it at the moment in Wirral. Can see flashes in the distance, and hear rumbles, couple of very brief showers, but nothing much....yet....

A few before and after shots. it is midnight by the way:

IMG-20200810-231618.jpg

IMG-20200810-231650.jpg

IMG-20200810-234322.jpg

IMG-20200810-234350.jpg

Not the best-ever pictures but the sky has been alight.

Dry, calm, still, virtually no breeze, thankfully not too oppressive on the temp front, here in SE Northumberland right now.

It's been 'kicking off goodstyle' around here for a couple of hours.. Mostly to the west of us in a band from Wales up through Merseyside, West Lancs and Cumbria.. much of which we can glimpse from the Grand Duchy.

I was properly pissed off with that Thomas Shaffer- Knacker (Beeb Weather Bloke) at Lunchtime, as he kept going on about the South East 'Enduring' 'Suffering' the heat wave and then complained that those getting the thunder storms were in areas which hadn't 'had to endure the oppressive heat' or worrever.

Listen Thomas.. I don't need your personal opinion on a heat wave. I couldn't give a flying f*** if you like it or not... I like it.. and I'm only seeing cloud and humidity...
It's NOT all about the ****ing South East!!!!

Ahem...

Hinting at it at the moment in Wirral. Can see flashes in the distance, and hear rumbles, couple of very brief showers, but nothing much....yet....

on my part of the Wirral it was bouncing around from about 8:30 to 11:30pm when I called it a night, did seem to be over in N Wales

I was properly pissed off with that Thomas Shaffer- Knacker (Beeb Weather Bloke) at Lunchtime, as he kept going on about the South East 'Enduring' 'Suffering' the heat wave and then complained that those getting the thunder storms were in areas which hadn't 'had to endure the oppressive heat' or worrever.

Listen Thomas.. I don't need your personal opinion on a heat wave. I couldn't give a flying f*** if you like it or not... I like it.. and I'm only seeing cloud and humidity...
It's NOT all about the ****ing South East!!!!

Ahem...

As always, the mighty HMHB say it best:

'Opinionated weather forecasters telling me it's going to be a "miserable day"
Miserable to who? I quite like a bit of drizzle, so stick to the facts'.

Driza bone here in Essex, just had a little splash but we're desperate for a good soaking.

Maybe a bit of drizzle continuously for a couple of weeks.

nothing not a spot of rain in the heart of herts. Off to Margate again on Friday to celebrate Louise's birthday......

advertisement

Back