advertisement

People you always get mixed up

"Brian's not at home, he's at the North Pole
But if you'd like to leave a weird noise"
That reminds me of the excellent R4 prog Simon Armitage made about Oblique Strategies. He had been trying to get in touch with Eno for a contribution but had had no reply to left messages, emails, letters etc. Simon decided to try an Oblique Strategy and was told ‘look closer rather than further’ or some such. So he went into his garden and yelled ‘BRIAN! BRIAN!!’ No luck. ‘Obviously not in the area today...’ he chuckled.

skynews-cummings-coronavirus_4998751.jpg

Gollum is the mentor of Dominic Cummings. My Precious.

Jack

That reminds me of the excellent R4 prog Simon Armitage made about Oblique Strategies.

I did not know about this and will be taking a Simon, his podcast and my earbuds on today’s walk with hound. There seems to be two downloadable on BBC Sounds, one called the Well of Random, from June 2013 and one simply called “Oblique Strategies” from March 2019, is the latter one notorious audiophile Steve Wilson lured into a studio & fiddled about with?

There seems to be two downloadable on BBC Sounds, one called the Well of Random, from June 2013 and one simply called “Oblique Strategies” from March 2019, is the latter one notorious audiophile Steve Wilson lured into a studio & fiddled about with?
It would be the latter one I heard. I would have scrolled through a list of titles and I don’t think ‘Well of Random’ would have grabbed my attention. I don’t recall a Steven Wilson connection though. But that could be my memory. Or maybe I’m missing a clever play on words...

That was good thanks. I overdid the walk and now exhausted and emotional, still not over mystery non COVID virus, Steve Wilson comment was random error because I was sure I saw Steve Wilson in the list of people that he spoke to but it was in a Steve Wilson from the Mozart String Quartet section.

Glad you enjoyed it. You know you are getting old when the Poet Laureate shares some of your frames of musical reference. I overdid lifting a heavy toolbox from an awkward spot this afternoon in the course of finding a suitable spanner to take the dome nut off my La Pavoni, and realised within seconds I was going to regret it. Now very sweary every time I move. At least I got the nut off.

alanbeeb and sean99
Tim Jones and richardg
sideshowbob and calorgas
deebster and Joe Hutch
zombie and 337alant

but not pjdowns and tiggers, of course. Or Brian and rbrown.

chaps, this works a lot better with pictures.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back