advertisement

TIDAL 120 days for £4

Anyone tried to cancel their subscription? Seems near impossible! The instructions for in app or web don’t work. Maybe I missed something.

Cancelled last week no probs via the Web - went into my Acoount and filled in some answers won't let you go without a bit of fannying as to why you are leaving

Sticking with Qobuz for now

Cancelled last week no probs via the Web - went into my Acoount and filled in some answers won't let you go without a bit of fannying as to why you are leaving

Sticking with Qobuz for now
Yep - did the same.
All reasonably straightforward.

Thanks. I managed to cancel by logging in from a different browser as it would redirect to the app otherwise (iOS) a bit of a faff with at least 6 catchpas to navigate plus the exit survey as you say. They took payment 2 days earlier than expected so will see if I can get it back but I won’t waste much time for the sake of £20.

I got into a couple of new artists from it and have bought a few more CDs I might not have taken a chance on but I didn’t use it enough to justify keeping it.

I got into a couple of new artists from it and have bought a few more CDs I might not have taken a chance on but I didn’t use it enough to justify keeping it.
That's pretty much my experience as well.
Had the trial for 4 months and probably didn't use it for the last few weeks.
It sounds good but not as good as local files - at least not on my system anyway.

I tend to cancel on the same day as I sign up for these offers. I’ll also pay with PayPal and cancel the automatic PayPal Payment at the same time. Never had an issues with this method. ;)

I've just cancelled. I'm not sure how much time was left. It'll be interesting to see if Tidal continues to work for the most recent discounted month I've paid for.

Jack

I managed to cancel my Tidal and have switched
over to Amazon HD now as they've got a 90 free trial period for new users, which seems like
a good deal. Absolutely no idea what the quality and quantity is actually like, though!

What happens to any playlists you have made in Tidal when you cancel ?
I used to have Sonos, had a lot of playlists which I didn't keep any sort of copy of so have had to start again with Tidal which was a pain..

I usually swtich off my Tidal during the summer season and everything is retained when I activate again.

I think I'm right in saying that they don't get deleted but remain inaccessible until such time as you resubscribe.
That sounds logical, thanks.
If I wanted to go over to Qobuz could I import them (which I doubt) or at least see what songs I had in them so that I could spend a miserable wet afternoon setting them up again or is that something I'd have to do first, before cancelling Tidal ?

I'd be amazed if you could import them but there are people on here who know a lot more about this than me - Gus from Amber Audio for example.
In your shoes I'd make notes of favourites/playlists etc before the subscription runs out so that if swapping to another provider I could recreate that information - maybe screenshots if it's quicker.

This might suit, free or sign up for a month £3 if you want all the good stuff, converting etc then cancel
https://soundiiz.com/

Export your playlist as CSV, TXT, XSPF, JSON, XML, and URL files
Export your list of favorite Albums/Artists/Tracks as CSV, TXT, JSON, XML, and URL files
Import your list of your favorite Albums/Artists/Tracks as TXT, CSV or plain text

In your shoes I'd make notes of favourites/playlists etc before the subscription runs out so that if swapping to another provider I could recreate that information - maybe screenshots if it's quicker.
Scratch that.:)
I have a dormant Tidal account and all the personal info remains accessible.

Edit - ignore me and listen to Gus.:rolleyes:

This might suit, free or sign up for a month £3 if you want all the good stuff, converting etc then cancel
https://soundiiz.com/

Export your playlist as CSV, TXT, XSPF, JSON, XML, and URL files
Export your list of favorite Albums/Artists/Tracks as CSV, TXT, JSON, XML, and URL files
Import your list of your favorite Albums/Artists/Tracks as TXT, CSV or plain text
Thank you - I'll give that a try later.

My 4 months comes to an end tomorrow and I've just signed up for 3 months of HiFi for £3 a month - still an excellent deal.

advertisement

Back