advertisement

2020 New Album Recommendations

Could I ask people to include which genre your recommendation belongs to? Only something simple like:

dance (woman screaming), dance (not woman screaming),
folk music (diddly-diddly), folk music (not diddly), country music,
jazz rock, jazz (weird), jazz (nice),
Kate Bush,
death metal,
hippity-hoppity, trip-hop, ho-hop, bitch-hop,
Relationships Are Hard,
WTF planet are they from and please will they go back,
soul (my man / woman is marvellous), soul (he / she done me wrong),
prog,
yacht, AOR,
pop, pop (utterly bland manufactured drivel),
rock (cock), rock (female), rock (miserable), rock (good),
blues,
world music (too many rhythms), world music (quite catchy but I don't understand what they're going on about),
classical (with tune), classical (unlistenable)

Thank you in anticipation :)

Tony, you might find this classification useful in your record shop.

Paul Weller On Sunset. Best thing (IMHO) he's released since Stanley Road. I think it has a similar vibe to his Wild Wood era.

Wilma Archer ‘A Western Circular’. (Jazz and Soul vibe)

Within A Western Circular lies an exciting and varied crew of guest artists including MF DOOM, Samuel T. Herring (Future Islands), Sudan Archives, and Laura Groves, all contributing vocals to Wilma Archer's rich, dextrous compositions. Supple and multi-layered, honouring his acoustic heritage and influence, A Western Circular builds a sonic universe that commands contemporary references to everything from Frank Zappa to Yasuaki Shimuzu, Robert Wyatt to Arthur Russell.

Within A Western Circular lies an exciting and varied crew of guest artists including MF DOOM, Samuel T. Herring (Future Islands), Sudan Archives, and Laura Groves, all contributing vocals to Wilma Archer's rich, dextrous compositions. Supple and multi-layered, honouring his acoustic heritage and influence, A Western Circular builds a sonic universe that commands contemporary references to everything from Frank Zappa to Yasuaki Shimuzu, Robert Wyatt to Arthur Russell.

This is an absolutely superb track, btw. Right up my alley. I'll be ordering this post haste. Thanks for the tip!

Nice album...thanks for the recommendation.

Curious may I ask why?

Of course you can! I'm a big Vince Clarke fan. I like his remixes, & the stuff he did when in DM and Yazoo. His work and influences have always been a hit with me.

And he's an Abba fan!

As such, I possibly don't look at his releases with pure objectivity. That's all. :D

Favourites so far.

Badly Drawn Boy - Banana Skin Shoes
Taylor Swift - Folklore
Marsicans - Ursa Major
Fontaines D.C. A Hero's Death
Lanterns On The Lake - Spook The Herd

advertisement

Back