advertisement

A fantastic day listening to vinyl

fegs

pfm Member
After an extremely busy week at work coupled with the fact it was raining I'd got no desire to do much yesterday other than chill out.

Both daughters were out with their respective boyfriends, Mrs Fegs went into town with her mate shopping and boozing, so there was only one thing for it, vinyl out and volume up!

I had a cracking afternoon listening to -

Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation

Devo - Duty Now For The Future

Kraftwerk - Radioactivity

Earl Brutus - Tonight You Are The Special One

Sat in front of what I think is the best £3.5k I've ever spent, I was happy as the proverbial pig in Sh*t.

Radioactivity was a particular highlight, the Direct Drive Technics seems to do Electronic music amazingly well, everything sound so precise!

It was just what I needed after busy week at work

Haven’t had a pure vinyl day for a while, most of my new music comes on CD.

Vinyl tends to be when I am after a bit of nostalgia.

Both daughters were out with their respective boyfriends, Mrs Fegs went into town with her mate shopping and boozing, so there was only one thing for it, vinyl out and volume up!

That sounds so familiar - I grew up dreaming of the day when I had a place of my own (my mum used to tell me to turn the music down). Move on several years and it is my daughters who have become the volume police (can't help but love them all the same) ;)

That sounds so familiar - I grew up dreaming of the day when I had a place of my own (my mum used to tell me to turn the music down). Move on several years and it is my daughters who have become the volume police (can't help but love them all the same) ;)

It does make me chuckle when the girls tell me to turn it down!

it's usually via text message from their bedrooms :D

25 years ago I used to tell my daughter to turn that rubbish down when she was listening to Nirvana in her bedroom, I now own Smells Like Teen Spirit on vinyl, she gives me some real stick about this

Whilst not quite the same I have five/six hours of driving ahead of me tomorrow. I have loaded up the cd changer and have a couple of other cds in the car ready for tomorrow. The plan being to dig out things I rarely listen to. Should be fun.

I think a “decent” set of headphones might be something for me to consider, what did you get?

Abyss 1266TC with Formula S/Powerman amp. Seriously good sound. I try not to think too much about the cost. You can get most of the way spending significantly less.

I have same problem - its my teenage daughter asking me to turn my hifi down. Her bedroom (which she rarely leaves apart at mealtimes) is right above the room where the hifi lives.

Certainly a reversal of roles from my own teenage years

I have same problem - its my teenage daughter asking me to turn my hifi down. Her bedroom (which she rarely leaves apart at mealtimes) is right above the room where the hifi lives.

Certainly a reversal of roles from my own teenage years

Brilliant :D

advertisement

Back