advertisement

Lp12 tonearm cable Advice

Hi,thinking of buying a new external cable for my tonearm,here’s my system lp12/ittok/troika into naim 250/hicap/62.the 62 has bnc sockets Which I want to keep,think I read that linn tkable is too thick for 50ohm Bnc’s.anybody got any recommendations in the £150 price range?

RG58 spec BNCs typically accept up to 5mm outer diameter cable, as that is the OD spec of RG58 co-ax.

Linn's T-Kable has a specified OD of 6mm.

Personally, whether T-Kable can be persuaded to fit, or no, I've always been concerned that a 'fat' pair of tonearm cables aren't necessarily the best thing with springs in compression suspended sub-chassis decks like the LP12; that is, despite what Linn claim re the cable being an integral part of the suspension systems stability/acts as energy sink, etc.

BTW, assuming your Ittok lead is an original, its capacitance is already ideal, if not irrelevant, for your MC cartridge.

P.S. Naim's suggested BNC plug is RS Stock No. 546-4257.

Last edited:
I've always been concerned that a 'fat' pair of tonearm cables aren't necessarily the best thing with springs in compression suspended sub-chassis decks like the LP12..

I agree. Thinner cables are much easier to deal with and I reckon the deck sounds better too. Just my opinion.

advertisement

Back