advertisement

Anyone using the new Rega EBLT Belt?

We should be in a position to offer the new belts as a retail option early September (price etc TBA nearer the time)

Thanks Paul, do you know how they differ and what improvements they might offer over the previous version? I can get two of the previous version that are 2015 stock but also have no idea if they degrade over time even without use.

There are many and varied technical reasons why the new belt material and production processes will give improvements over all previous belts.

Still no news when the new EBLT will be available? Would be a great holliday gift also! I want to upgrade the belt on my 2 months old Planar 2. I just missed the manual antiskate update on its RB220 arm btw... Bummer...

I suspect that a 2 month old standard black belt will be good for 5 years at 33.33rpm, or 3.7 years at 45rpm, which ever comes first.

Both of my Rega decks - P8 and old P9 - use pairs of the white belts.

If the new belts are better, I will consider upgrading - they are probably not crazy money, since Rega is a price-conscious company.

I have really grown to like my P8 - I think it's a great practical "end-game" solution for many sane audiophiles.

'Sane audiophiles'? Surely, a contradiction in terms, if not outright hyperbole!:)

'End-game'? Presenting the Rega P8, the turntable to be found dead with. Featuring high rigidity (like you in your dotage) and ultra low mass skeletal plinth design (which you'll appreciate in your decrepitude). Plus all the advantages of a high resale value for your heirs. Buy one now from one of our appointed stockists, before your end-game ends.

(Folding walker with seat and turntable accessories compartment not included.)

Last edited:

advertisement

Back