advertisement

Rega Aria MK3 Query

Conster

pfm Member
Apart from the new casing can someone confirm whether or not this phono stage has been improved internally and sonically. Hoping Paul Darwin can chime in here.

I read somewhere there there were also some internal upgrades that I suspect might add to sonic benefits.

Rega tend to make slight changes to their electronics over their lives but say nothing about it. I've tried a late and early DAC side by side and, despite build differences, they sounded pretty similar to me. I would go on the assumption that the Aria variants all sound much the same.

Conster, I can confirm that the Aria 3 and Aria 2 are identical except for the aesthetics.
Paul Darwin is the Aria 1 also the same. I saw in the Michael Fremer video visiting the factory a part where Mr Gandy said that there were some new FET's that were replaced in the Aria.
It appears from the video that that occurred while still in the original casing (MK1).
Would one be able to know by serial number which would be the newer version with the improved FET's?

advertisement

Back