advertisement

Glanz GMC-10LX - where can I get M-10LX stylus?

GruntPuppy

pfm Member
I've been banging my head against the internet all day, trying to find a Glanz M-10LX stylus - the GMC-10LX MC Cartridge has a plug-in stylus. I've even resorted to phoning people, does anyone have a source of unobtanium stylii that they'd be prepared to share? Or even one of these sitting on a shelf? I can promise it a good home and am happy to actually buy it with real money :)

Have you tried Jico? They seem to have a huge range. No personal experience of the brand apart from meeting some very nice people on their stand at Munich 2018.

Have you tried Jico? They seem to have a huge range. No personal experience of the brand apart from meeting some very nice people on their stand at Munich 2018.

Thank you for the lead - they don't seem to, unfortunately - although I have sent them an email just in case there's a compatible unit available.

MC cart with a plug in stylus only seen MC with plug in stylus from AT/Signet in the 70/80s
re-tip/rebuild or new HOMC / MM design

medium

I did have a brief search but could not find anything, not even NOS. There was a guy on eBay trying to sell just the body for £100 for some reason back in March and a chap in the USA asking 240$ for a complete one with "good life live in it".
I thought hunting down someone to re tip it was a faff too far :)

I did have a brief search but could not find anything, not even NOS. There was a guy on eBay trying to sell just the body for £100 for some reason back in March and a chap in the USA asking 240$ for a complete one with "good life live in it".
I thought hunting down someone to re tip it was a faff too far :)

It appears to be, Bill. But I feel I should make a decent effort myself, and also ask wiser more experienced heads for help. If this cartridge can be given a bit more life I'm minded to do so.

Who did you contact? Expert Stylus are usually very reasonable in the order of £180-300 for a retip assuming the cantilever and generator are ok.

I can understand that sort of cost being acceptable for a REALLY REALLY REALLY good cartridge. Although this was near the top of their range, Glanz weren't exactly the top boys in their field. For this sort of price, I think I'd be better off buying new. I shall bear Expert Stylus in mind though - that's a more reasonable price range than I've found so far.

I've been banging my head against the internet all day, trying to find a Glanz M-10LX stylus - the GMC-10LX MC Cartridge has a plug-in stylus. I've even resorted to phoning people, does anyone have a source of unobtanium stylii that they'd be prepared to share? Or even one of these sitting on a shelf? I can promise it a good home and am happy to actually buy it with real money :)
If you still require one - I have one you can have.

advertisement

Back