advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I struggled with Breaking Bad at the start but am now on Series 3 and really enjoying it.:)
How does Better Call Saul rate in comparison?
I thought Breaking bad went on too long , Better call Saul is going the same way but it's better , more characters and story line .

Just watched Season 5 of Better Call Saul, it was outstanding and the best of the seasons so far....My preference is still BB but the final season next year should be good

"Knives Out", on Prime. Great cast; Daniel Craig puts on a hilarious southern USA accent, which works really well in the context of his character. Really funny and entertaining with lots of twists to the plot. And Jamie Lee Curtis, still looking fab.

For the richness of the story telling and art direction Better Call Saul ranks amongst the finest series tv I can recall. Clearly made with so much care and humour, and the acting is spot on. Breaking Bad was an enjoyably breathless run through dissolution - BCS is a leisurely stroll through the fading American Dream.

Both excellent but seeking to do different things. (El Camino on the other hand looked ill conceived.)

"Knives Out", on Prime. Great cast; Daniel Craig puts on a hilarious southern USA accent, which works really well in the context of his character. Really funny and entertaining with lots of twists to the plot. And Jamie Lee Curtis, still looking fab.

Agreed.

'Knives Out' would be easy to overlook, but it is a cracking film.

Craigs accent adds to the tongue-in-cheek aspect I reckon.

One of the best films we have seen this year.

For the richness of the story telling and art direction Better Call Saul ranks amongst the finest series tv I can recall. Clearly made with so much care and humour, and the acting is spot on. Breaking Bad was an enjoyably breathless run through dissolution - BCS is a leisurely stroll through the fading American Dream.

Both excellent but seeking to do different things. (El Camino on the other hand looked ill conceived.)

I agree, they're both fabulous in their different ways, and I love them both. For the most brilliant character in a series, I nominate Chuck McGill in Better Call Saul.

Now on Netflix - Connected. Entertaining new show about the interconnections between various aspects of science and nature.

I found it hard not to binge all of the episodes at once!

Sounds great - will watch this evening. Terrestrial TV's pretty dead on Tuesdays.

I was quite disappointed and worked out who and how dunnit within minutes.

It was also overlong.

A lot of wasted talent IMHO.

And I usually love these kind of things!

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back